Christmas holiday destination/sugestions?

Alan Taylor

Hi all,

I have managed to wangle a holiday from the 20th Dec to 2nd Jan.

Last year we went to Egypt for a week and had a great time.

Do any of you have any ideas where we could go this year?

Sun, Sea, Sand, no larger louts possibly some boat fishing. Long hauls like USA, Thailand etc are out.

Any places that you have visited and would recomend please.

Alan(nl) :cool:

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bognor has my vote :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Alan?

Try The Gambia? Loads of kids will pester you? But there`s good fishing to be had. Try `Greenies` on your search engine for boats. Most travel companies do holidays there? But shop around.

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

spasor:

Alan?

Try The Gambia? Loads of kids will pester you? But there`s good fishing to be had. Try `Greenies` on your search engine for boats. Most travel companies do holidays there? But shop around.

Paul.

Thanks Paul, nice to get a serious answer to a (for me) serious question.

Alan(nl)

Hi, Alan. I've lived in Bristol for the past 30 years. Interesting to read that you have joined the 'Cloggies', I sang with a band for 15 years and we often worked in Holland. Also spent some of my childhood in Holland and Belgium. My maternal Grandmother was Dutch, mother Flemish, so I have fond memories of woodland walks in a little village called Essen (Prov. Antwerp), close to the Dutch border. Can't exactly remember the last time we worked in Amsterdam, but then, who can?

Daddy was Irish, so I have great memories of Co. Cork too. Ireland's notbad at Yuletime, if you don't mind the rain. Cheers, Onions. :)

Help me unhook these, please.

I am going to Holland for Christmas, taking my girlfriend to visit her folks, near Arnhem I think it is. It'll be my first time over there, and I'm looking forward to some cheese and clogs and windmills. We are planning to go via the tunnel and drive across. Should be good.

Wherever you go, have a good time.

Bikenut

quote:

Originally posted by bikenut:

[QB][/QB]

Thanks for your input, a few more destinations would have been nice though.

Little Onions, if you come over again, let me know and I could sort out a bit of sea fishing either on my boat or a charter.

All the best

Alan(nl)

Alan, I have just returned from Clew Bay/Westport and can most certainly recomend this for a quiet and relaxing holiday. The added bonus??? Well apart from the skate that abound in the area the boats hereabouts are now going out for Blue-fin TUNA!!! got to be worth a shot!! Last couple of weeks have seen fish from a couple of hundred pounds plus to eight hundred pounds plus! A place wothy of a trip and begger the thought of sun!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Hi Alan, How's about Central Scotland, wot with the weather we've had recently, you won't have a problem with a tan, AND its only 30mins from a certain Mr Holts gaff. So, there should be no problem with fishing.

Anyway ,Have a great Holiday.

Cheers

Norrie. :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/