Has PC now gone to far?

Colin Brett

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The law on assault as I understand it is that you must retreat from a threat. When you cannot retreat any further and you fear for your life you can use reasonable force to defend yourself.

This must in some way apply to Martin's case

He was upstairs in bed, Is he expected to jump out of a window to get away.

In a rural area alone and faced with three intruders a reasonable person would be in fear of their life.

You have a weapon can you use it?

It depends on your interpretation of reasonable force, the jury of 12 peers found that force unreasonable or at least one lawyer made a better argument than the other.

I don't know enough about the case to pass a judgement but I know what I would have done in the same situation. When the police arrive I know what I would have said and I may not have been as truthfull as Martin.

You were lucky Billy a lot of pensioners get carried out in wooden boxes, if not as the direct result of burgulary and mugging but by the fear of such!

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

IMO (as a shooting man) I would have done the same thing had I found three strange men in my house, and they were harming or trying to harm me or mine. I think he should be freed.

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

Hi all,

yep ,i can saftly say that just having to live in fear to go out and sitting by your front door waiting to be burgled is bad enough. :( ,i can say without a doubt it"devastates you".

I cannot imagine being in my old age knowing that anyone who broke in could easily overpower me,so if i had a gun i would have emptied it and got all three of them:)

by his actions it show'd that the general public wont stand for it and like many bullies at school if you give them a good beating they tend to sod off(personnal experience).at least for a while !

billy :D

hey elton please put an "onboard" spell checker on here ,even if it is just to make my son LOOK like he can spell proper lik whit ey doz :D

morning billy

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Billy,

Your story saddened me & left me feeling frustrated for you & all the other families that have to put up with these dregs of society. :mad:

Why in Gods name do the authorities in this land continue to create laws that give these scum the means to thrive & prey on the more decent members of our society. :confused:

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Hi all,

A spell checker isnt a bad idea :D:D:D

hello chesters :)

are you still, part timing here??? :D

I say bring in a mobile gas train or bring back public hanging,because when this goverment handed out proper punishment it was a allot safer.

Hitler did design something of some use, so borrow his idea and GAS them. :D

Its just unfortunate we have allot of inocent people getting locked up. :(

billy :D

hi peter,

Its a sad world and unfortunatly good people get pulled under by useless people.

My otherhalfs brother refused to go to school and blamed it on bullies,fair enough but now he still sits on his arse and TAKES what ever he wants even if its not his(chesters knows who!!)

I borrow'd a game off chesters and it was almost in perfect order untill it went missing after a stay at the otherhalfs mums house,when i found the cd it was as if he had eaten his dinner off it.

After a few choice words he dished up and pay'd for it.

He gets a hardship allowence to sit at home and not to turn up at interviews claiming that he will get taunts cos hes 18stone and never baths.

not surprised he gets taunts!! :D

billy

[ 18. January 2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]

Billy I know where you are coming from, a few years ago my wife , son and I witnessed a fatal stabbing outside my house. We gave evidence at crown court and the accused was found guilty. For this and other reasons we moved from the area. My wife could not relax and we were keeping our son in all the time only alowing him out if one of us was with him. It was a three to one argument over cutting grass which was sorted when one of them pulled a knife and stabbed the other in the heart after having three practise stabs during which he missed the major organs and and the lad was still able to run away. Only when he hit the lads heart and he fell to the ground did he stop stabbing.

The point is that this was in a street with the now dead person running away from three others. The jury returned a guilty verdict and the judge gave him 3 years. He had done 1 year on remand so he was out in within 2 years..

I still don't understand it, less than 2 years for a life and the lad was trying to run away.

Compare this to Martin. Something is very wrong!!!