Syria, a new low

Ken L

All,

CNN Headline news.

"The last time a British prime minister was defeated by the Commons on a war motion was 1782 when MPs refused to go on fighting – of all people – the restless Americans wishing for independence." Some British guy said it today.

Phone

Dave H,

You (and I) have more "last comments" than a politician.

About 10 - 12% of the population in England are Muslims whilst the UK is home to the second largest Jewish population in Europe, and has the fifth largest Jewish community worldwide. (WIKI). I guess the House of Commons don't have access to WIKI.

IMO the complicated religious dynamics of the Syrian civil war any military involvement by the U.S. should be very carefully considered given the opportunity for costly disaster.

Phone

Not sure where you get those figures from Phone but for England and Wales, the 2011 census sowed 4.8% Muslims.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ken,

Maybe it indeed said "under 30 = 10%" (while 65% of christians are REAL OLD). The number came from one of several current articles from UK census reports just released that use the "greater than 10%" number.

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/10-of-young-people-in-uk-are-muslims/

Just Google "Fri Aug 30 muslims in england" (or similar)

Phone

Hitler didn't use chemical weopns on the battlefield because he was himself gassed in WW1 and didn't think it sporting.

Get a group of folks in a nice enclosed "shower block" now and that's a different ballgame.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

All,

Ahh-haa! After Vietnam England has taken a different view on Syria.

g61tEF4.jpg

Phone

The original picture this was taken from is why I abhor war ,It still makes me so sad when I see the childrens faces .

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

In any civil war atrocities are laid against the door of the opponent.

I have yet to see definitive proof that the Syrian Government is responsible. To curry favor with the west it could have easily been the rebels who launched the attack.

This IMO is just another Libya....

I think that once again we have people who wish to destabilize a region for their own gain...wonder who and wonder why?

All,

Update, Russian position.

"They've also [the Russian's against the USA] sermonized at considerable length that the US is repeating past mistakes by sleepwalking into another war of intervention, without calculating the complexities or spelling out an exit strategy. Summoning historical references to the 1999 Kosov war, to Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya, Russian officials warn that precipitous Western action in Syria can produce no meaningful victory, and bring only blowback, spreading instability and "catastrophic consequences" for the entire Middle East."

US counterpoint

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/nearly-1500-killed-in-syrian-chemical-weapons-attack-us-says/2013/08/30/b2864662-1196-11e3-85b6-d27422650fd5_story.html

Phone

Ohh, The Russians are calling Obama a "Bush clone".

Edited by Phone

I have sympathy for Obama. He is stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea. As the supreme western or world power he can’t sit back and watch such atrocities. Regardless of politics it can’t be left UN punished. I have seen up close napalm and chemical atrocities and i was sick. We all were throwing up everywhere. They can’t be allowed off scot free. If it where your family you would be crying out for help. I actually had a view we should not go in but now i am absolutely positive in my own mind it’s there regardless who did it it’s got to stop.

I think America is doing the humane thing. Think of it being your family...although i know 99% of you can’t...

If it escalates then i am saddened but they must act.

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon