Fisheries officer on Southend Pier

sam-cox

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no newspapers no good unless you want to read the news tranferred onto the fish

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 1 year later...
Chesters,

I must admit to thinking that in an ideal world anglers would be doing more for conservation by keeping a few undersized bass than killing 4,5,6+lb'ers.

However this is not an ideal world and if there were no size limits enforced there would be nothing to stop idiots feathering up a boat full of juvenile fish. And you know they would.

:clap2: I once tried telling two young lads, teenagers, who were catching loads of small fish and putting them in a carrier bag, that all the fish were undersize and that there was a big fine for keeping undersize fish. They packed up and left, only to come back with their dad who threatened to "give me a good hiding" for upsetting his sons. They were only catching "a few fish for the cat". Well there must have been at least 50 fish in the bag, mostly small bass and pollock, "a very hungry cat" I said and that I was only advising them of the possibility of a big fine. Seems they were travellers living in the car park and would be gone in a few days, so no likelyhood of a prosecution there then as even the police or council don't bother them, let alone the SFC. :clap2:

The jury is still out on whether size limits apply to shore anglers. Those fishing from the shore can sell their fish too, if they like.

(BTW. Are things really so bad on AN that topics from last year, and six years ago, have to be dragged up again?)

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

The jury is still out on whether size limits apply to shore anglers. Those fishing from the shore can sell their fish too, if they like.

(BTW. Are things really so bad on AN that topics from last year, and six years ago, have to be dragged up again?)

Hiya Steve, I think this poster is Sam Cox under a pseudonym, just take a look at his spelling!

Safety habits last a lifetime.

Today I met Richard, a fisheries officer from Kent and Essex.He was a nice friendly chap and we chatted for around 45 mins.

He had already told several anglers to trow back undersized dead bass they had in their bags. I asked him why they hadnt been nicked and he said he has to use his descression.A angler with one or two undersized bass in his bag is not worth the expense of an prossercution. But if he fouynd anyone with lots or someone who had aready be warned, he would nick them.

One thing that did strike me was the very little he knew about angling, and the laws concerning the selling of fish. I think he will be doing some home work now, he seemed keen on lurning more about our sport and more about his job.

It was good to see him on the pier and his showing his face there from time to time may deture others from keeping undersized fish.

Hi Sam-COX

QUOTE/ not worth the expense of an prossercution

If the SFC wins there case they get costs there is no expense, only a easy wage for the fishery officer

STEVE

If I thought Gordon Broun wasnt gust going to put the money in his fat wallet I would happily pay a 30 quid per year lisence to put more fishery officers on our piers and other populer venues.

hi sam-cox

yeah you could buy him an ice cream so at least he would be doing something lol

steve