Christmas fishing

RUDD

Deluges produced rivers 3metres above normal level in my neck of the woods. But needs must so I fished one of the local low key commercials(well established. lightly fished and not overstocked)which would have been sacrilege for me a few years ago.But to my surprise the fish are pristine , fit and a pleasure to catch - so that's another prejudice gone out of the window damn it . Fishing waggler in 10' of water I had a pleasing succession of roach to 12oz, perch to a pound , and solitary ide , rudd and bream (all smallish ). Beats sitting at home moaning but I still cannot wait to watch the quivertip hoop round to another big river chub ...

Force Majeure - John! ;)

Thankfully 'my' southern chalkstreams can cope somewhat better - and I can usually find somewhere fishable.

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I've been out trottin' a few times in the last couple of weeks and have had quite productive sessions. Last session was a couple of days ago (Sunday just gone) and I had a very enjoyable afternoons fishing with some clonkin dace and 19 plus chub ( gave up counting after that)....

I caught four chub in four trotts then released them...

4xz3.jpg

Then I hooked another four chub in the next four trotts but the eigth chub came off as it was a bit alkward trying to net it with there being three in the net already lol

d7c2.jpg

I give the Witcher an airing recently and it was great to use.....

5ady.jpg

in57.jpg

If the weather report turns out to be wrong for tomorrow and it doesn't persist down i'm gonna try and have an hours trotting to see the new year in. Saying that, if the weather men are right then I think i'll be giving it a miss.

Good luck to anyone else having a new years fishing trip :thumbs:

I'm just glad we have more challenging fishing than this down south Tigger ;-)

I'm just glad we have more challenging fishing than this down south Tigger ;-)

My plans for a couple of hours out today chasing those easy fish :P:D was scupperd....the weathers awful with strong winds and heavy rain...darn-it.

It's not even got light propper all day up to now, a horrible day to start the new year !

My plans for a couple of hours out today chasing those easy fish :P:D was scupperd....the weathers awful with strong winds and heavy rain...darn-it.

It's not even got light propper all day up to now, a horrible day to start the new year !

Not nice here either - maybe target some commercial perch later in the week if the weather relents. As I get older I become more of a fair weather fisherman!

Spent 4 hrs yesterday fishing a big slack on the Thames for Pike ,Rusty arrived with Harrison equipped Perch hunting gear and lobworms and a couple of other mates turned up to ,The fish were not playing ball so we had a game of guess how much Rusty`s centrepin cost !!! followed by how close can Steve cast his Sardine to Rusty`s Chubber float....had one take missed it went home for some well earned beer .

River still charging but dropped 8" from previous day and that had a fall of circa 8" from day before as well....probably back on the up again now though .

Tigger great haul of Chub....Messers Plumb ditto

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Not nice here either - maybe target some commercial perch later in the week if the weather relents. As I get older I become more of a fair weather fisherman!

Just looked at the BBC report and for round these 'er parts tomorrows lookin to be the best chance weather wise, but that's if the rivers not steaming through.

JV...when the fishing isn't good having a few m8's together is a recipee for mischeif to commence LOL. When i've been out with a few friends and the going has been tough we've even resorted to having javelin comp's with our rods with reels attatched !

I can remember doin the very same with shotguns...i'm hopin' i've got a bit more sense now.... :bounce::lol:

Tigger aye dangerous sport this fishing malarkey ,before |Chrimbo Rusty visited me on a new bit of the river and they were game shooting there....pellets bounced off my umbrella someone shooting the pheasants hadn`t checked we were there a tad worrying .

Love the banter thing when fishing with mates half the point of going imo

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

....pellets bounced off my umbrella someone shooting the pheasants hadn`t checked we were there a tad worrying .

Yes, that particular pair of Calvin Kleins needed to go though the washing machine a couple of times. Not even the offer of a brace by way of compensation.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

It was ideal roach conditions yesterday, very low pressure, mild, thick cloud and drizzly with bits of rain. Unfortunately I spent all day recovering from the previous night's excesses... I tried to force myself out at one point but just couldn't make it. So I watched Terry Lampard catch that 3lber on CTI instead :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music