Whats Largest Roach ?

NickD

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard of a roach being caught bigger than the 4lb 3oz record. '5lb 14 oz' resembles the longstanding record I remember from teenage years back around 1960 of 3lb 14oz by Bill Penney from a London reservoir if my memory serves me right. Could this be the origin of the '5lb 14oz ' fish?

john clarke

I read the stuff on the link, which I found hilarious, I seriousley didn't know that there were sites like that, though I should have guessed.

Pete, to be fare, probably was the wrong place, but was grateful.

BTW who's Si and when did he get moderator rights, Hello Si, don't know you, clearly not been coming on enough.

Re Roach, heard rumour of a 5lb fish, put back by a carp angler who didn't want to have the circus come to town at his sleepy little water.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Thanks Phil, on all four counts we agree, more or less.

Errrrr, pass me a 'roach', man!!

Yes, there has been mention of a five pound, boilie stuffed roach. Think it was rumoured in the Mail a year or so back.

Edited by Peter Waller

A few years ago a good friend and brilliant salmon angler told me of a time when he worked the nets on the lower Tay. They took a sweep and netted a shoal of roach. These were dumped in a field, as was the practice on the river then, as a fisherman he later went to look at these fish. He then weighed the biggest 2, the smallest went just over 4 the biggest 5. These fish came from the brackish water down near the mouth of the earn. I have no reason to doubt his story as he is a geuine guy, some on here ,Steve Burke have met him and will vouch for him.

BTW who's Si and when did he get moderator rights, Hello Si, don't know you, clearly not been coming on enough.

I`m the one who re-created this skin on the new forum, been a member since before you and I`m usually busy with web design and other things.

I got mod rights through helping Elton out with the new forum software.

I`m here several times a day and I don`t usually post all that much, but I`m here lurking :P

rabbit, junior member doesn't mean he wears shorts and a school cap, it means he's new......

and si, does the fact you've been a member longer than phil dean mean he can't ask who you are? i've been here a while and have only seen you in the last few weeks, so i was wondering the same thing.