What planet is the coroner from?

RUDD

Unless she didn't say that of course. All the local papers reported that the coroner - ironically named Jacqueline Lake - will submit a report to the County Council in due course. She reported accidental death at the hearing.

Perhaps the Daily Wail got their own special advance copy, or maybe they made it up.

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Unless she didn't say that of course. All the local papers reported that the coroner - ironically named Jacqueline Lake - will submit a report to the County Council in due course. She reported accidental death at the hearing.

Perhaps the Daily Wail got their own special advance copy, or maybe they made it up.

Mike

Did you say county council - that's that then, the place will have a 10 ft chain fence round it covered in warning signs before you know it so no one can enjoy the place due to health and safety.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Seems that the statements may have come from the council's health and safety bod, not from the coroner.

http://www.lynnnews.co.uk/news/local/latest-local-news/drowning-in-bawsey-pits-coroner-to-submit-report-1-5905794

Vicky Hopps, a health and safety officer with West Norfolk Council said the car park at the pits was the official entrance but the site was “porous” meaning people could gain entry from almost anywhere. Warning signs were regularly vandalised.

Seven recommendations had been made following her inspection, including regular inspections of signage on the site, marking map references in areas of danger so people calling for help can guide the emergency services, the use of foreign languages in warning signs, reduce access to the pits by the use of “aggressive planting” such as nettles or bracken or using black dye in the water to make it look less attractive. Also important was educational work in schools.

Ms Hopps said that closing the site would be “a last resort” as the cost of fencing and security on such a big area would be very high. Despite the anti-social behaviour that plagued it now, it was enjoyed by dog walkers, people on bikes and runners.

She said the owners Sibelco had taken “all reasonable measures they could and the council were not taking any further action”.

Under questioning she said that provision of lifebelts on the site was a dilemma. “This water is not safe to swim in and anything that discourages people from swimming in it is a good thing,” she said.

Foreign languages! Why? ,is the country going to be full of signs with 58 lines instead of one ,an icon of some guy drowning is good enough .

I looked in an amazement at the old farnham hospital reception there was a sign with i kid you not 16 lines with the top one "ring the bell" i presume the rest were in johny foreigner grunts saying the same thing ,a simple sign with a finger pressing a bell is enough or do we need two more signs in 15 lines of foreign on each ,one explaining what a finger is the other what a bell is

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson