Two-Tone (again)

Pangolin

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness Two Tone is most probabley the most easily acsessable "record fish" ever.

As always some seem to have lost sight of the true purpose of records.

Also did you read the crap wrote in the AT's new UK Carp about the whole Conningbrook/Collingbrook and its residents situation.More rubbish wrote by people who aint been at the game long enough to know the facts or just cant be bothered to find them out.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Do records do anything for fishing any more anyway?? consider;

1) Many sea fish are killed to be weighed regardless of the fact that they are inedible.

2) Freshwater fish could possibly be kept out of the water too long as they are verified.

3) The carp record situation is, as discussed above, controversial and could be seen as "unfair" on the fish concerned. One of these days it will go back in and stay belly up !!

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

Budgie what is the true purpose of records ?? I am sorry but i honestly think they are an out dated item !! I know the skate / tope/ and spurdog record have been broken many times but the anglers have returned the fish and not claimed. Eggs in a fish (or liveyoung) can make the record a possibility, when we catch a fish in this condition we would not dream of keeping it out of water any longer than necessary. I say fish for pleasure not for records.

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

Dear Pete,

I'll take your bait. Probably in the safe knowledge that you are still tucked up in bed?

River records? Twaddle. Why? On the Trent for example there have been in the last twenty years all manner of so called river records for barbel and not one of them have been correct. Mostly, captures of the large size are kept quiet.

National records? Each to their own I say. If certain anglers pursue known fish from known venues then thats their bag (no pun intended) surely?

Personally, I get a blast from catching that special fish which comes in over the net as a surprise or at least from visions within my dreams. River fishing on the River Trent can do that as one never quite knows what to expect. The thrill experienced when a monster barbel finally rises up in the head lamp after days of searching does it for me. But by the same token, I fully appreciate the same thrill experienced by a carp angler for instance when a long sought after known carp finally rolls in over his/her net. Especially so when said fish is a known record.

What ever one fishes for, or where, surely its those fleeting minutes when rod arches and heart pumps that makes fishing what it really is? On a personal basis, I don't really give a fig if the angler is targetting known fish for record breaking purposes or simply pond roach for pleasure. Angling is a rich tapestry and I embrace it for what it is. Fun and enjoyment.

Regards,

Lee.

Guest allibee

trent.barbeler:

Mostly, captures of the large size are kept quiet.

Good point

Going back to Two Tone, its fairly safe to assume if there is one that size in the country, there are bound to be more and we all know how hush hush some syndicates can be.

The whole carp record thing is a bit of a joke.

The reason behind that statement is "unlucky it didn't weigh a bit more when Joe Bloggs caught it. It could've done the record."

How many anglers go home when two tone is caught? I read acconts in carp mags when Bazil was caught most of the anglers would pack up and go home.

Still I don't understand the mentality of it, there must be other good fish in the water, possibly uncaught monster or not.

Mark

Mark