Ban 4 X 4's.

Peter Waller

It's not the bull bars that are lethal it is the driver.

I have owned my Suzuki complete with bull bar for coming on ten years and to date I have not knocked down anyone or hit any other vehicle, but if you gave me a £1 for every car that has knocked someone down or crashed in some other manner that didn't have a ball bar, I could go on a world cruise. :D:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya,

We have a school at the end of our road and to be honest I'm glad I've got a 4x4.. it's the only way you can safely get out our street due to the idiotic antics of the parents that do the school runs. :angry:

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

...I have owned my Suzuki complete with bull bar for coming on ten years and to date I have not knocked down anyone or hit any other vehicle...

Ken, you're just not trying hard enuff mate ;)

Hiya,

We have a school at the end of our road and to be honest I'm glad I've got a 4x4.. it's the only way you can safely get out our street due to the idiotic antics of the parents that do the school runs. :angry:

Hehe, you just reminded me of the last time I drove through Thurso at 01.30 on a Sunday morning after Skanandi's ( a local nightclub) chucked out. A few of they bevied party goers tried to start a fight with the truck headlights - Northern Constabulary, whom were nearby, were most amused to see me running the offending scoundrels up the road :lol:

The problem with bull bars is not that they are jagged, they are not, it is that being of narrow section they concentrate the force over a smaller surface area. If you work out the load per square inch it is frightening, and that is what does the damage. I sympathise with S.T. as we have a similar problem with daft deer.

I have a large 4X4 (they don't come much bigger) without which I wouldn't have got out of the gate for the past 5 days, but I took the bull bars off. Personal choice.

Sorry Ken, can't agree with your philosophy. Bull bars do not make you a worse driver but they certainly make you a more dangerous driver in that if you do hit a pedestrian, even if it is not your fault, you are much more likely to cause them serious harm.

As for banning 4X4's by the flat earth society, they can have mine when they prise my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel :) (apologies to the NRA!)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Guest Ferret1959

I own 3 4x4's and can't see what the problem is with them?

Ban 4x4's, why?

How about lorrys, vans, tractors, trains, motor bikes, push bikes, the list goes on and on.

I would rather be in a 4x4 with a big fork off bull bar for protecting me and my family from some **** driving like an idiot approaching me at stupid speeds.

I have had in the past............

Rangerover 2 door.

Rangerover 4 door.(LPG)

Suzuki Vitara.

I now have ..........

Rangerover EFi.

Landrover S3.

Suzuki Vitara offroad prepped and awaitng 9 tonne winch to be fitted when I have made my solid front winch bumper.

I may put a bit of sponge on the front just as added protection.

That's great SandTiger.

Errr - those are used in lieu of a spare tire in UK 4x4s aren't they? Clever idea but maybe good to mount a small winch on the front just in case the 4x4 has a flat while in rough country.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

That's great SandTiger.

Errr - those are used in lieu of a spare tire in UK 4x4s aren't they? Clever idea but maybe good to mount a small winch on the front just in case the 4x4 has a flat while in rough country.

Nah, one of them big knives coming out the front like you see in the older James Bond movies would be betta :)

The problem with bull bars is not that they are jagged, they are not, it is that being of narrow section they concentrate the force over a smaller surface area. If you work out the load per square inch it is frightening, and that is what does the damage. I sympathise with S.T. as we have a similar problem with daft deer.

Bit like a 'standard' bumper then?

Paul