Ban 4 X 4's.

Peter Waller

I'll let you off Norrie, I was looking at a Frontera the other day but it's a petrol 2.2 and only gets 25 mpg and with the miles I do... could be pricy to run.

Don't touch a Frontera. Pricey ain't the half of it!

Would this assume then that I would not be able to use THIS for city centre based works?

For the record, I am against mums running one child to school in a 4X4, but mine is a commercial vehicle, and is a 4X4. I bought it so I would not need a second car to use outside of work, this is comfortable, looks good and is functional.

Anyone who can argue against that fact can shove it.

Real off roaders DO NOT have running boards.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your considered reply Cory, I was not aware of the niceties of bandwidth :)

Actually, and to tell the truth :) I haven't a clue :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I dont recall saying I used it off road.

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

Don't touch a Frontera. Pricey ain't the half of it!

Ours is a frontera :) 2.8td and it does about 35mpg

not that pricey to be honest, until they hoik up fuel costs around here to to £1.03 pl :(

i ca get from here to Tebay services in cumbria? on one tank full.

this thing has gone places no vehicle should, they are brill (mind you it is one of the last isuzu type ones)

I dont recall saying I used it off road.

So what's the point of having a 4x4 if you do't use it in its element? I love 4x4s me, used to have a Defender 110, but they are much better fun up when they are wading through the glaur than they are on tarmac.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

So what's the point of having a 4x4 if you do't use it in its element? I love 4x4s me, used to have a Defender 110, but they are much better fun up when they are wading through the glaur than they are on tarmac.

"For the record, I am against mums running one child to school in a 4X4, but mine is a commercial vehicle, and is a 4X4. I bought it so I would not need a second car to use outside of work, this is comfortable, looks good and is functional."

I posted that earlier. The 1 tonne capicity was the main deal, that and the fact that MTB's can get thrown in the back without dirtying the interior. 4 'proper' bikes will make a mess of a car. And I dont mean riding along a canal.

If it came in rear wheel drive option it would be fine, the car was bought because of the function, not the fact that I wanted an oversized runabout.

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

"For the record, I am against mums running one child to school in a 4X4, but mine is a commercial vehicle, and is a 4X4. I bought it so I would not need a second car to use outside of work, this is comfortable, looks good and is functional."

I posted that earlier. The 1 tonne capicity was the main deal, that and the fact that MTB's can get thrown in the back without dirtying the interior. 4 'proper' bikes will make a mess of a car. And I dont mean riding along a canal.

If it came in rear wheel drive option it would be fine, the car was bought because of the function, not the fact that I wanted an oversized runabout.

Sorry rich, I was just teasing. You don't need to justify your choice of wheels to me or anyobe else as far as I am concerned.

you can't ban 4X4's cos people like me who have a small willy and are crap in bed won't have anything to compensate with :o

zippo anyone??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MESE:IT

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

you can't ban 4X4's cos people like me who have a small willy and are crap in bed won't have anything to compensate with :o

zippo anyone??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MESE:IT

Les...Thanks anyway mate...but its not a Mitsibushi....BTW, my first 4x4 was a series 3 Landrover with a 2,1/4 Diesel...MHS 494L, them were the days......

Anyone on here done the "Corryaiarich" in their "off road " vehicle.......mmmmm, mibbes not then...I'

ve done it on a few occasions......total white out in MAY......sooperb......

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/