Flight MH370?

Dave H

I have started a new thread as i think the investigation has moved on significantly from the last one

I still have a view of a hijack or attempted hijack that went wrong at some point. The turning off of any communication has to come into play here.

Somewhere somehow i think somebody knows something as this is not your bog standard mystery

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

We may never know. The latest info I know of has the search down by Australia - and in water over a mile deep.

If you like this sort of thing, here are a few other "vanishing airliner" incidents. All older and all with less fancy electronics but still mysteries. Google will give you more info.

- British South American Airways Star Tiger (January 30, 1948)

- British South American Airways Star Ariel (January 17, 1949)

- Northwest Orient Airlines Flight 2501 (June 23, 1950)

- Canadian Pacific Air Lines (July 21, 1951)

- Pan Am Flight 7 (November 9, 1957)

- Flying Tiger Line Flight 739 (March 16, 1962)

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

An electrical fire could have killed communications and if it produced enough smoke could have killed everyone on board leaving the plane to fly on on auto pilot until it ran out of fuel.

Yes, and is consistent with the pilot turning back whilst he still could, and perhaps, far from being a terrorist, his last conscious act was to try to save his plane, crew and passengers by switching to auto, hoping someone would eventually recover and take control.

If there was a terrorist link, by now the group behind it would be trumpeting of their "success". Lack of such, and lack of a clear motive suggest otherwise.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

It may also explain why there are reports that plane climbed to 45,000ft at one point, the pilot may having been making an attempt to extinguish the fire by reducing the amount of oxygen available

Edited by snakey1

If they were overcome by fumes, it could also explain why there seemed to be no calls on mobiles.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

As explained i worked on airliners and on most planes 70% of the wiring can't be checked without taking the whole plane apart and in effect rendering it useless for further use as it takes so long and so many bits come off you might as well scrap it... This is why there are so many backups used in case of failure. Most planes that have a fault are down to wiring inside the fuselage but as said this counteracts it with another back up. If the wiring caught fire the backup systems would be useless. Many Mk 1 737's had this and were bloody death traps then the next 737 was as safe as any aircraft can be

I remember when the first ever 777 arrived at Gatwick it was a fantastic plane and very easy to work on. I stood up inside one of its engines. However we all thought that with only 2 engines this was one big plane. I was made redundant soon after 9/11 so never really worked on them. The 767 is a great plane and that's a twin so i guess they thought OK but it was prone to having an engine catching fire and would return to us. This usually happened on takeoff we never knew why it just did. I am only talking about less than 1% here if less but it was there. But again it has safety measures to be able to deal with it.

Virgin planes were BA rejects (we called them sick notes) and he bought them cheap. Probably not now but in the late 90’s i would not go on one if they paid me back then and even their engineering guys wouldn’t..LOL

I don’t think many people realise how many hours a commercial plane actually travels. A 20 year old 747 might have only spent 1 % of its time on the ground. That is one hell of allot of mileage. Also fuel is worked out to the minimum of each journey to save dumping it and obviously losing money. So a fuel leak causing electrical failure which is why he may have tried turning back?. No communication and pilots unconcious in the cockpit may have started back but never could get there before blacking out

What has been kept quiet and only the Malaysian airlines will know this is its service records because many planes like cars get a fault that is unique to that plane so bare that in mind...I have...

And we have not as far as i know heard from pilots who have flown this perticular plane but the authorities have i bet and i just wonder?...........Even i am going into conspiracies but working on these planes makes the story more interesting for me

Edited by Dave H

As explained i worked on airliners and on most planes 70% of the wiring can't be checked without taking the whole plane apart and in effect rendering it useless for further use as it takes so long and so many bits come off you might as well scrap it... This is why there are so many backups used in case of failure. Most planes that have a fault are down to wiring inside the fuselage but as said this counteracts it with another back up. If the wiring caught fire the backup systems would be useless. Many Mk 1 737's had this and were bloody death traps then the next 737 was as safe as any aircraft can be

I remember when the first ever 777 arrived at Gatwick it was a fantastic plane and very easy to work on. I stood up inside one of its engines. However we all thought that with only 2 engines this was one big plane. I was made redundant soon after 9/11 so never really worked on them. The 767 is a great plane and that's a twin so i guess they thought OK but it was prone to having an engine catching fire and would return to us. This usually happened on takeoff we never knew why it just did. I am only talking about less than 1% here if less but it was there. But again it has safety measures to be able to deal with it.

Virgin planes were BA rejects (we called them sick notes) and he bought them cheap. Probably not now but in the late 90’s i would not go on one if they paid me back then and even their engineering guys wouldn’t..LOL

I don’t think many people realise how many hours a commercial plane actually travels. A 20 year old 747 might have only spent 1 % of its time on the ground. That is one hell of allot of mileage. Also fuel is worked out to the minimum of each journey to save dumping it and obviously losing money. So a fuel leak causing electrical failure which is why he may have tried turning back?. No communication and pilots unconcious in the cockpit may have started back but never could get there before blacking out

What has been kept quiet and only the Malaysian airlines will know this is its service records because many planes like cars get a fault that is unique to that plane so bare that in mind...I have...

And we have not as far as i know heard from pilots who have flown this perticular plane but the authorities have i bet and i just wonder?...........Even i am going into conspiracies but working on these planes makes the story more interesting for me

Interesting stuff. Hopefully there will be some kind of resolution in the next few days, because I'm not exactly looking forward to walking through groups of traumatised relatives when I fly out of KL in a few days.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I can't really believe now that it is in the area of where they are searching . The plastics etc would be so vast that they would have found something or they are under estimating the currant and it's 1,000 of miles maybe south. If the ships don't find anything not even a seat cover i have doubts in went down there but who knows.

I still can't rule out hijacking in my head.