Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Thanks for your comments..I am like a dog with two tails at the moment :)

Judy, beautifull shot......................when oh when will we get High Definition PC's ?........then we can all see the real beauty of flower meadows.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

there is a field of sunflowers as well ....but dont know what i did the pictures were terrible...

thanks Den...would you mind if I use your picture for screensaver/wallpaper

judy

DSC01229-1.jpg

Edited by nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Congrats Den,well done.

:clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap2:

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Thanks MW,..... Judy, I have a lot of pics of meadows, but a PC screen just does not do them justice.

I did a calendar a few years ago using a Sony Mavica with a staggering 1/2 million pixels !! All captured on floppies!!! The pics were all of flowers/woodland scenes, month by month.

About 15 different versions to suit each member of the family/relatives

I printed them on an Epsom 640 and got a print firm to punch and bind them. The printer commented on the quality of the pics...actually offering me a job (seriously! ) as a photographer!

Still got one unused copy, and when I looked it up a short while ago, I was very dissapointed at the quality.

Things certainly have moved on since then, lets hope they move on even further...maybe we will be able to use our HD TV's to view our images :)

Yes you can certainly use that pic for your background, or any other purpose you wish, might be best to D/Load from my website where the full version is displayed:) the lower one of the large pics has been tweaked on PS to lighten the shadows :) and is a "bigger" image.

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Well done, again :rolleyes: , Den! :thumbs: A fine Goldfinch shot. My goldfinches are still visiting the garden on a daily basis, but I can't get them to land on anything other than the shed or the feeder, which doesn't make for such a pretty & natural looking shot as yours.

I snapped this Ruddy Darter sunning itself on Friday, taken with a telephoto lens rather than macro, so not as sharp as it could've been, but I'm happy with it.

64292049.b4O8IGFP.darter_2807a.jpg

Well done Den!

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Talking of flowers in meadows, I've been using this as my screensaver for weeks now, and it's kind of grown on me.

202153454_b214aa802f.jpg

Whitby Pier - A more recent shot

202147863_d4fcef54b0.jpg

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Great photo, great reworking!

Steve, would you please explain what you've done? Cheers.

Sorry Steve, I missed this comment.

Because its already resized/reduced file size, in photoshop I ran auto levels, then I used the curves command and finally a slight colour saturation to replave what the previous two tasks had removed.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet