Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Well this was my day out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a walk to our local lighthouse and then I felt a romantic interlude coming on. bought the wife an ice cream :love:

dorothy.jpg

Next it was a pint in the Briar Dene boozer

IMG_8309.jpg

There is more but bed/alarm/drink driving!!! up at 04.30 for work :cry:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Been in the garden again

P1000756.jpg

P1000751.jpg

P1000737.jpg

P1000728.jpg

P1000730.jpg

comments please ,i would really like to learn how to take better flower pics...did use tripod this time

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Hi Judy ...

I like the Lavender shot with its foreground "Halo" effect. Nice use of depth of field .. or are you using a circular "blur" filter ?

Waiting for the "Golden Hour" will get you better colouration, as well as providing a different angle of light on your subject, or use a mirror or reflective card to get the light coming from where you want it. Can you imagine how fantastic that Clematis flower would look if you lit it from behind ?

On single subjects, consider using a piece of card or cloth (black,white or colour) behind the flower to remove the confusing background and focus attention on the flower itself. Another old trick used by flora photographers is to lightly spray your flower with a water spray gun, so the droplets give that "morning fresh" look.

Wiggly. :rolleyes:

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Hi Judy,

Very nice shots, we must have similar plants in our garden. Great first shot and i like the clematis very much.

You are becoming a bit of a flora pro. :thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Hi Snatcher,

It's beer, beer, grandchildren, fishing, beer, beer, beer, grandchildren, The wife, beer, beer, beer and the sea.

All fantastic, but its now time to expand you horizons.

:thumbs::clap2::thumbs::clap2::thumbs::clap2:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Hi Snatcher,

It's beer, beer, grandchildren, fishing, beer, beer, beer, grandchildren, The wife, beer, beer, beer and the sea.

All fantastic, but its now time to expand you horizons.

:thumbs::clap2::thumbs::clap2::thumbs::clap2:

Hey, nothing wrong with Beer!! :drunk: :drunk:

rb_getcreative.gif

Hey, nothing wrong with Beer!! :drunk: :drunk:

There have been more than a handful of occasions when I have had quite the opposite view (and reaction) given what had gone before the previous night.

Photography is a fascinating hobby. Beer is too. They're both as about as expensive as the other.

If you looked at the pictures I take, 95% of them are of my family. My wife and I spent about an hour the other day allowing the computer to do a random generation of all of the digital photos we had stored up. It brought back some mighty fine memories. And in that space of time, I watched my daughter develop from newborn to near 3 year old. That is what photography is about - what you love. If others love it too, then that is a big old bonus. And just to be clear, this isn't a dig at anyone. Just my humble opinion on the great thing that is photography. :thumbs:

Edited by Westie

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Here are a few more images from yesterday

We walked along to St Marys Lighthouse

StMarysLighthouse.jpg

This young lady could not resist a go with this hula hoop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And she was only on cups of tea

Hulahoop.jpg

We enjoyed the barbie

Barbie.jpg

And this is Bill the birthday boy who was 18 yesterday.

Birthdayboy.jpg

:thumbs::drunk::crazy:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Mr Wiggly ..no filters or anything used,not that clever,and just to prove it whats "the golden hour"

I believe it is the first and last hour of sun, there or thereabouts. The light is/can be softer/warmer - think of the beautiful golden/copper light that you often see - can transform something that is quite ordinary to look at during normal daylight hours into something spectacular. Good effects from longer shadows etc. I think that's the rough idea. Trouble is, I'm usually in bed!

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery