Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Nice photograph. Hope you dont mind, I had a quick fiddle with the picture. If you can master the other commands you can control the outcome a lot more than using autofix. Though there is nothing with your version, you may even like it better, I feel part of the fun taking photographs are the processes after the photo has been taken.

Untitled-1-2.jpg

The point I was making was; 'simple' = low cost camera and a budget Photo Shop package. The camera has full auto through to as much manual control as one would wish, the same applies to the Elements versions of PS. Elements Auto makes a remarkably good stab at an appropriate adjustment, especially when one compares it to the original and the more complex approach, and one presumes? the vastly more expensive pro version of Photo Shop? Sorry if you have used Elements, but the point still stands, cost is not everything, the words 'less user friendly' spring to mind

Complex . . . nah' keep it simple, why do things the hard way? if the final result, is for me, the same :rolleyes: If it were cheaper to do things manually? or your personal pleasure is manual manipulation . . .

Takes me back to a previous life; records, LP's were wonderful things; CD's and the digital world we live in makes things very flat, 2 dimensional and uninteresting, the 'black art' skills are no more? . . . I wonder? recording techniques and understanding have improved in recent years Perhaps this is the case with digital photography, high pixel rating, better technology and relative low cost is capable of ringing some bells? :g::clap2:

The above may make a good, slightly controvertial topic to continue in its own right?

S/W

"The above may make a good, slightly controvertial topic to continue in its own right?"

Interesting point SW ....

Why not start a topic, and see who wants to chew on it ??

Wiggly. :rolleyes:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

A Common Blue feeding on Sainfoin:

Butterfly2Y2.jpg

Butterfly1.jpg

Beautiful shot of the Common Blue Chris, very envious. :thumbs::thumbs:

I've not seen any up here in Cleveland, more's the pity

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Slodger great shots of the two butterflies your Nikon does a great job for you, the best i have seen for a long time.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Thanks chaps, it's nice to know someone's interested in the pictures and to get a few positive comments. :)

Here's something I found on a revisit to my childhood village today. I don't think they're particulary rare, but I've certainly never seen them before. I'm assuming they are 'Bee Orchids'? A stunning little flower whatever it is, and tucked away in a quiet little corner of a Suffolk field.

BeeOrchid.jpg

beeorchid6th.jpg

beeorchid4th.jpg

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Cracking shots splodger :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I'm assuming they are 'Bee Orchids'?

I don't think they could bee anything else. :)

Nice pics Chris.

A pair of Yellowhammers from me today.

img1880cflp5.jpg

img1889cfrh3.jpg

Good shot JK you captured the moment mate :thumbs:

Just got back from our caravan on the Mull of Galloway.Here are a few images from the weekend!!

A party of anglers about to go toping into Luce Bay

Thelaunch.jpg

A couple for you Judy :thumbs: visited Soleburn Garden Centre in Stranraer

Flowers3.jpg

Flowers2.jpg

Flowers1.jpg

me this morning with my fathers day pressie,thanks Amanda and Chris

Fathersday.jpg

Driving back this afternoon the visability improved and the Isle of Man showed up so stopped the car and took a shot

IOM.jpg

:thumbs::drunk::drunk:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Whoops

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic