Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Just got back from a short break in Suffolk..just about the only feature on the beach for miles.. My wife thinks the lampshade would be better in a nice Beige colour !!!!!!!!!!

Thorpe.jpg

This was a bonus, I now have pics of both Egrets :)

Egret.jpg

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

GB - I love that shot of the boat stranded on the sand bank. I noticed on the comp thread that you use a Zenit, was this shot also taken with that? My first camera was a Zenit E, my parents bought it for me approx 30 years ago & I still have it, I love that camera, I really must stick some film in it & give it another try.

Pete Mc, the squirrel shots are terrific given you took them with a 18-70mm lens.

Den, "both Egrets". There are only two of them?? I knew they are scarce, but it's worse than I thought. :huh: Cracking shots Den, I like the composition of the beach one.

I spotted this fisherman yesterday relaxing on the canal bank, but sadly chopped off the top of his rod. :blink:

glasson_dock_1205a.jpg

Rabs, there are 2 different "types" I know of, the Little Egret, and the Great White Egret. I have got pics of both now :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

Guest CJS2

Well you have seen it so often as a sunrise, her it is in its stark but impresive glory. The Orwell bridge that caries the infamous A14 to Felixstowe, tides out!!!

bridge.jpg

:ph34r:

Edited by CJS2

GB - I love that shot of the boat stranded on the sand bank. I noticed on the comp thread that you use a Zenit, was this shot also taken with that? My first camera was a Zenit E, my parents bought it for me approx 30 years ago & I still have it, I love that camera, I really must stick some film in it & give it another try.

Rabster yes that was taken with my trusty zenit which is held together with insulation tape ;) I have a few different camera's but I just cant let go of the zenit, it is my lucky camera which always find's a good shot for me.

Poledark Idig that shot of the beach in Suffolk. that wood looks great. Hope you dont mind but I set it as my wallpaper for my kids to see, they love it.

Edited by GB

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

GB, would you like the original version? I can mail it for you.

CJS, I crossed that bridge yesterday!! did you know that when it was built it contained the longest prestressed concrete span IN THE WORLD!!!! Gasp gasp :)

Den

Rabs, there are 2 different "types" I know of, the Little Egret, and the Great White Egret. I have got pics of both now :)

Den

Keep looking Den, we get Cattle Egret in the U.K. from time to time as well.

There was one near Langstone Harbour for quite a long time in Jan & Feb this year and more recently one near Beaulieu for about a week three quarters through April. (May have been more but I only try to keep up with the Hampshire stuff).

GB, would you like the original version? I can mail it for you.

CJS, I crossed that bridge yesterday!! did you know that when it was built it contained the longest prestressed concrete span IN THE WORLD!!!! Gasp gasp :)

Den

That would be great thanks, I will p.m my address to you.

GB

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I