Banned?

RUDD

I have a confession to make to fellow ANers and I do hope it doesn't get me banned! :)

Yesterday I fished a commercial match pool - AND ENJOYED IT!

After giving up match fishing I vowelled to try the many fisheries in my area and also to try the many methods out there to vary my fishing.

At Christmas I was given a voucher for a nearby fishery which has several lakes including a specimen, a predator, a match lake plus a few others.

To be honest I fancied a day with plenty of bites, as most of you know I regularly fish a hard water where I receive very few.

Had the place to myself and plumbed up a pole line next to an aireator 12m down the bank in 5ft of water which received a ball of ground bait and a few pellets.

Also set up a 10ft feeder rod with a maver mini head banjo type feeder to cast to the end of an island and an 11ft pellet waggler rod with a Styrofoam pellet waggler set two feet deep.

After feeding the pole line I fished the mini feeder for an hour with a small cube of meat on a hair combined with ground bait and a few 2mm pellets.

Whilst fishing the feeder and catching plenty of skimmers and small Tench I pinged out a few 6mm pellets halfway along the island every 30 seconds.

It wasn't long before the pond pigs started swirling and searching for pellets.

First cast with the pellet waggler saw a low double grace my net followed by one of around 5lb.

I then switched to the pole but kept the pellets going out on a little but very often basis.

The pole line produced a string of 2 to 3lb Tench, some bigger skimmers and a few Rudd.

After a few fish I would refeed and switch back to the pellet waggler where I found a method to get bites:

The constant feeding a few pellets had the carp competing but casting out the waggler didn't get instant bites so I came up with this by trial and error: Before casting I fired out around 8 to 10 pellets waited ten seconds then fired out 5 or 6, waited then a third pouch of 3 then cast.

This worked well and I hooked a carp once in about six or seven sequences.

After landing three I switched back to the pole and so on but carried on with the little and often feeding.

When a tea break was needed I switched to the feeder!

The pellet waggler also yielded ten very nice Roach over the pound mark along with a few tiddlers a golden rudd a skimmer and a decent Tench.

Finished the day with a very nice mixed bag of well over a 100lbs on several methods and must admit it was very enjoyable!

• Like 1

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

You obviously enjoyed yourself, which for me is the number one objective when fishing. Well done for the thinking

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

I recently fished a comercial in Thailand and enjoyed that - although the fish were a bit bigger.

I have also been known to enjoy commercials in the UK - although I rarely actually catch as fish as I'm mainly on baiting and unhooking duty because I only fish them with my young nephew.

Nothing wrong wiith a bit of fun but give me wild fish any day.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Commercial? Heard the term and seen the signs to some but are not all lakes run commercially? Or do angling clubs run for nothing?

Gold valley is not far but i think its baccy?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Commercial? Heard the term and seen the signs to some but are not all lakes run commercially? Or do angling clubs run for nothing?

Gold valley is not far but i think its baccy?

Lots of lakes, loughs and lochs that i fish are free.

Going on a roach reccy soon to a large free loch. Might get a big bag of huge red fins or might need a trip to a commercial when i get back just to remember what a fish looks like.

Nice one Rudd. At least it wasn't wall to wall f1's and/or small carp. :thumbs:

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Good Rudd. That's the point of fishing after all. If you enjoyed yourself, you've won a watch.

Fishing doesn't always have to be a punishment exercise, judged by the opinions of your fellow anglers. I like fishing for mackerel. It doesn't demand any particular knowledge on my behalf and I doubt I learn much when I do it but it's nothing more than fun. Does it make me less of an angler?....I don't know nor do I care.

You don't have to explain away your reasons for fishing AND enjoying a commercial.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

No I won't call for your ban Rudd, you've saved yourself. First by receiving the the ticket for the 'fishery' as a gift, (my friends and family know me too well to even think about doing the same), and not using your own money. Second, by using the term 'pond pigs', nice, I like it. :thumbs:

But don't make a habit of it, I'll be watching. :ph34r:

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I don't really mind the existence of commercials as part of the range of fisheries we have available, although I have welfare concerns about how some of them are run. I really object to their disproportionately large influence on modern angling practices and attitudes and the conversion of existing fisheries. Like McDonalds, really, fine as an occasional guilty pleasure, but not healthy to live on.

• Like 1

Good Rudd. That's the point of fishing after all. If you enjoyed yourself, you've won a watch.

Fishing doesn't always have to be a punishment exercise, judged by the opinions of your fellow anglers. I like fishing for mackerel. It doesn't demand any particular knowledge on my behalf and I doubt I learn much when I do it but it's nothing more than fun. Does it make me less of an angler?....I don't know nor do I care.

You don't have to explain away your reasons for fishing AND enjoying a commercial.

This made me chuckle, every summer my family have a trip to Cornwall.

Every summer I take a travel rod, feathers etc.

The local mark involves a hard 40 minute coast path walk, a cliff scramble and then fishing off a ledge with 20ft plus deep and one strong tidal rip.

Every year I have a go, lose a good few sets of tackle and have never caught a mackerel from there yet!

That is one punishing mark!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!