Lower Itchen Fish-in Update

seph

maybe they all fell in?

Or are frozen together in a big AN group hug :cold::group:

Fancy a sweep? who caught the biggest grayling, chub, pike, etc

who has the best lost fish story?

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Ferret1959

Bet Elton has the best 'lost' story.

Lost his floats.

Lost his hooks.

Lost his maggits in the van.

Lost his will to live with Seph taking the p155 out of him.

And finally lost his way back home.:D :D :D

you forgot

'lost his dignity the first time he logged onto AN when he got home'

and

'lost his sense of humour when he realised everyone was taking the ****'

:0 :0

you forgot

'lost his dignity the first time he logged onto AN when he got home'

and

'lost his sense of humour when he realised everyone was taking the ****'

:0 :0

who do you think caught the best fish then?

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Guest Ferret1959
You have to admire their fool hardiness though, damned if I would want to fish in a wind chill of -10c

Why do ya think I backed out? :)

Mind you I did get a trip to London and a blast down the M3 to collect a barrow and hold all today. :D

Well, what a day.

Firstly after breakfast at Asda, no one knew the way to the fishery, as I was relying on Darrell to show us the way, but he could not make it and I had not got directions with me to the fishery from Asda. Luckily I remembered enough to get us there without getting us lost. Phew

Secondly, it was absolutely freezing with that wind when we first arrived but it did warm up a little later on. Managed not to wear gloves most the day, even took the hat off at one point. The wind made float fishing very diffcult at times as it was blowing downstream and fiercly too on some swims. River did have some colour in it and was carying a touch of water but nothing to worry about.

Nice to see some new and old faces, hope you all enjoyed it and caught. Unfortunately when I came passed most of you had gone so I did not really do much chattering although did with one or two.

Right then, to the fishing. I will leave people to record there own catches as I don't know what everbody caught anyway. I personally did catch and thought things were going to be easy as my first cast resulted in a hooked fish, but bumped it off and the second cast resulted in a 3.5lb Chub. I had 3 Grayling all over 1.5lb and the best which was my first 2lber went 2.05, so I am well chuffed that I have finally caught a 2lb Grayling, now for a 3. I also had 7 Trout which are great fun on the light gear.

The best Grayling of the day that I know of was 2.06 caught by Malc2, sure I shall be corrected if a bigger one came out. I did take a few photo's and if they are any good I will post them either tomorrow or Monday, once I have had a look at them to see if they are worthy of posting

Edited by seph

Paul

This was my first grayling:

grayling1.jpg

Followed by a bigger one later:

grayling.jpg

Followed by this bonus chub:

chub.jpg

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Dunk was feeling hungry:

dunk.jpg

Leon's roach:

roach.jpg

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE