Best Yates Book

Gaz51

Best Chris Yates Book  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best Chris Yates Book?

• Casting at the Sun
    • The Secret Carp
    • Falling in Again

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Deepening Pool!!!!! - Seriously - my favourite CY followed closely by The Secret Carp. I also hugely enjoyed Four Seasons - so much so that I took it with me for the trip to Redmire last July.

Think we need some more options to vote on!!! :D

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

not read a single one, though i did read an extract from 'casting at the sun' last night that made me want to read more :)

it's very rare that angling writing interests me, john geirach being a notable exception, but i was very taken by yates's style

Think we need some more options to vote on!!!

So would I Chris, however, the above 3 books are the ones available to me at present. I quite like the idea of a book containing short stories. Apparently Falling in Again fits the bill there. Not sure if the other 2 are short story books or one continuous tale ?

Apparently Falling in Again fits the bill there. Not sure if the other 2 are short story books or one continuous tale ?

Casting at the Sun is autobiographical. Falling in Again is a series of short stories. Secret Carp is basically the story of a day spent on a secret carp lake.

I've reviwed all these books at various times :rolleyes:

Falling in Again (along with Deepening Pool) can be found here...

http://www.anglers-net.co.uk/bookreview/index.shtml

While my thoughts on CATS & SC are on Steve Burke's site...here:

http://www.classicfishingbooks.co.uk/fishb...eview.asp?id=21

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I am not sure that Chris is the 'great' angling writer that many appear to suggest. I picked up 'Falling In Again' from a charity shop, presumably the previous owner was unimpressed and so was I. The book version of Passion is enjoyable, I wouldn't part with it, but, on balance, not sure that Chris is much better than John Bailey!!

I can feel by chris the grass and the water if i close my eyes then i see it , he can tell it just very good even my wife likes his books and video

gr jerry

And as finishing touch

god created the dutch