News of the World

Scotty T

Guest Brumagem Phil
and if I have my way neither will anyone I know.

I dont buy the news of the world but certainly wouldnt advocate your gagging approach.........the news of the world (and the sun) often put themselves above the law and infringe peoples right or put people at risk and often site the public interest as grounds for their alacious stories, but its a sad endictment of the British psyche that they sell millions of papers week in and week out.

By the way, our soldiers are not conspcripts, they are supposed to be professionals.....if they cant act like it, then bung em back on the football terraces where they came from. Our forces are well respected around the world and w****s like this who behave in such a manner will cause the lives of others to be lost.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, our soldiers are not conspcripts, they are supposed to be professionals.....if they cant act like it, then bung em back on the football terraces where they came from. Our forces are well respected around the world and w****s like this who behave in such a manner will cause the lives of others to be lost.

Exactly. It also occurs to me that the clip looked as if it had been filmed from INSIDE the base, so who passed the clip to the NOTW.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

someone who wanted to make a few quid, simple as that. the NOTW will have paid a lot of money for that tape, knowing it will increase circulation.

the person (soldier?) who sold the tape is as bad as the person that decided to publish the pictures.

having been in iraq at the time these images were filmed, and seen how our forces have their hands tied when dealing with known insurgents, it's not really surprising that when they know, or strongly suspect someone of having been involved in mortar attacks against them, they occasionally retaliate. the rules of engagement state that our forces can only return fire, not initiate it, the insurgents involved in mortar attacks, booby traps etc rarely get apprehended.

whether or not you agree with the war, you have to support our troops

Hi all

chesters i agree,we didnt see any patrols being slaughter`d by iraq extremists so why are they bothering with these stupid films of a couple of troops having to use GENTLE force to aprehend these throw and run bombers.

personally i didnt see a hard right hook in sight,trained you say ummmmmmmmm

but tbh it is just a minority that is involved in these stitch up videos and the rest of are boys are well trained try to obide by the rules of war.

i second the remark(send the iq deficiant troops back to the football ground)

i say pull out and show the rest of the world that even pulling out our troops doesnt stop the bloodshed (here or there)these people want blood and tbh it doesnt matter what we do to please them.

they will still want us infidels to suffer for being alive and most importantly for being christian or any other faith other than to follow alah!.

just as the war kicked off i had a word with a military recruitment guy and the thing that put me off was the 6months wait(basic training) before id have been shipped over to iraq.

too long to wait:(

rant over:)

sg

someone who wanted to make a few quid, simple as that. the NOTW will have paid a lot of money for that tape, knowing it will increase circulation.

the person (soldier?) who sold the tape is as bad as the person that decided to publish the pictures.

having been in iraq at the time these images were filmed, and seen how our forces have their hands tied when dealing with known insurgents, it's not really surprising that when they know, or strongly suspect someone of having been involved in mortar attacks against them, they occasionally retaliate. the rules of engagement state that our forces can only return fire, not initiate it, the insurgents involved in mortar attacks, booby traps etc rarely get apprehended.

whether or not you agree with the war, you have to support our troops

Thanks Jeeps,

Your last line sums up exactly what I was trying to say.

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Guest Brumagem Phil
Your last line sums up exactly what I was trying to say.

If only you HAD said that then people wouldnt have disagreed with you so much.

By the way, we have rules of engagement.......the soldiers should abide by themor get thrown out.

More pics out from Abu Ghraib today I see.........as if there isnt enough fodder for the bent immams to feed their flocks, without us adding to their 'diet'.

...whether or not you agree with the war, you have to support our troops

I agree, but it is not unconditional support, they have to play by the rules too.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

can't argue with that, but if you were attacked by mortar fire and later saw people you strongly suspected of carrying out the attack, it would be very very difficult to not retaliate.

i'm not saying what they did was right, but i can see why the troops reacted in the way they did (but only if the theory about the iraqis being involved in the mortar attacks is right, which as far as i know can't and probably won't be proved)

I agree, but it is not unconditional support, they have to play by the rules too.

Someone better tell the suicide bombers that and not just to protect our troops but all of the other poor sods they kill.

We won two world wars and you can stake your life on it that we didn't acheive victory kissing butt.

All wars are a total disaster but some times it is the only way.

I'm not sure about this one but our lads are committed in a very messy situation and for my money they get my 100% support.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist