News of the World

Scotty T

Please tell me I'm not the only one disgusted by the irresponsible actions of the News of the World in respect to the publishing of these latest images from Iraq.

Our armed forces are under immense pressure as it out there, without British newspapers sh@t stirring the already volatile situation. It now transpires these Iraqis were detained shortly after a mortor attack on a compound used by the British Army. I completely fail to see the logic or reasoning behind publishing such photos on the front cover of a British Sunday tabloid.

Do they or most of there readers have any idea what its like for armed forces personnel operating on the streets of Iraq? NO

I never really bought the paper, but now, never again, and if I have my way neither will anyone I know.

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me I'm not the only one disgusted by the irresponsible actions of the News of the World in respect to the publishing of these latest images from Iraq.

Our armed forces are under immense pressure as it out there, without British newspapers sh@t stirring the already volatile situation. It now transpires these Iraqis were detained shortly after a mortor attack on a compound used by the British Army. I completely fail to see the logic or reasoning behind publishing such photos on the front cover of a British Sunday tabloid.

Do they or most of there readers have any idea what its like for armed forces personnel operating on the streets of Iraq? NO

I never really bought the paper, but now, never again, and if I have my way neither will anyone I know.

Scotty

I won't buy ANY newspaper!

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

agreed... its ok not to print cartoons that would have put them in a dangerous situation from demonstrators, but its ok to put our lads in iraq danger.....BTW the only reason the newspapers over here didnt print the cartoons was due to newsagents refuseing to sell them. In an interview with an ex-editor of the sun on skynews he clamed that they printed something that muslims didnt like afew years ago, and had to go to every mosque in brittan to appologize because muslim newsagents refused to sell the paper. which was costing them millions.

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

Meaning???

Knowing yoxer, meaning exactly what it says on the tin mate. You imply by your post that the majority of us can have no idea how much fun it is to be a British squaddy posted in Iraq, I think what yoxer is trying to say is that the vast majority of us in the UK can have no idea what it is like to be an Iraqi living in the streets of Iraq. Each day when I awake I say a little prayer thanking my maker that I am neither of the above.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I'm sure theres a saying "alls fair in love and war"

Give it a few weeks and there will be a new interigation method, probably involving a cup of tea and a packet of hob nobs ;)

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

I'm sure theres a saying "alls fair in love and war"

Give it a few weeks and there will be a new interigation method, probably involving a cup of tea and a packet of hob nobs ;)

Ye Gads, Any thing But that!

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

mmmm hob nobs but hey i cant afford them so why give them away ,perhaps if the MOD send me a packet i wont mention that to the iraqi's little has changed between saddam and their "liberation" ,plenty of deaths (now with bombing rather than disapearing) nice friendly beatings + the introduction of "insurgants" and "extremists" to jolly them along and stop them getting bored .

i pity our troops and certainly would enjoy beating stone throwers up myself if i were in their position but if your liberating a country from a tyrant and act just like him people even foreign ones get a tad fed up.

are troops that film their acts any different to these happy slappers we despise , we say these happy slappers are stupid filming themseves and must be thick to do it as its evidence that convicts them couldnt this be also a reflection on the minority (i hope) of troops we send and act no better! stupid but government sponsored stupidity that should be stopped.

as for printing it why not !we didnt NOT print the scenes of the attack by frenzied iraqi's on those personell carriers incase they offended the iraqi's so its only balance that we get bad press when its printed,if the beatees were infact the mortar users bullets rather than fists should have been used it is a war after all

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

as for printing it why not !we didnt NOT print the scenes of the attack by frenzied iraqi's on those personell carriers incase they offended the iraqi's so its only balance that we get bad press when its printed,if the beatees were infact the mortar users bullets rather than fists should have been used it is a war after all

This was 2 years ago, did it reallly serve the British interest publishing this video? the fact that the Basra Gov is now not co operating with the British forces puts greater strain on the relationship and puts our soldiers at risk.

The only reason they published this was to sell papers. The decent thing to do would have been to hand it over with the threat to publish if the perpetrators were not brought to account.

Quite frankly I am disgusted with the press, they make no effort to write the truth, at least not until theyve fiddled with it to sell papers. Anyone who has had a story reported will know that they rarely actually report the facts. One MP joked today that the fair trading laws should apply to papers after they published rubbish about the likely abolition of the Pint. It was of course nonsence but when has that got in the way of a good story :schmoll::schmoll:

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com