They've finally done it.

Gaz51

probably rather than smoking your NY cabbies could actually know the language and have an idea of the area their working ,a friend got a NY cab and had to sit in the back directing the cabbie where to go using his own map ,at least black london cabs (smokers or not) know where their going ;):D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably rather than smoking your NY cabbies could actually know the language and have an idea of the area their working ,a friend got a NY cab and had to sit in the back directing the cabbie where to go using his own map ,at least black london cabs (smokers or not) know where their going ;):D

I've got my own personal cabbie, Chesters. Name is William Newton Vail and I can usually understand most of his "Southern Speak". Were NYC to stop every cabbie and ask to see green cards that would probably clean up a lot of that. Fancy getting in a cab and handing over online driving instructions from mapquest or randmcnalley - but they probably don't read English either.... :rolleyes:

As an ex nuclear submariner I'd love to know how they're going to play that one six weeks into a 'trip'....Tee hee.

Paul

As an ex nuclear submariner I'd love to know how they're going to play that one six weeks into a 'trip'....Tee hee.

they'l have one of those stainless astrays bolted to the conning tower :clap:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I know a local chap who has his own truck unit, he will set of on Monday and return at the weekend after trucking around the UK and France.

He smokes, it is his work place and no one elses so surely the choice is his.

As the police do not enforce the mobile phone issue I doubt if they will be able to find the time to stop smoking drivers.

How will they know if the white van is private or commercial??

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

most laws labour (and others) pass are unenforceable but stopping a lorry on a routine check and checking the ashtray could result in a heftier fine than a dodgy (and more dangerouse) tyre ,maybe rather than unscrupulouse coppers planting a bit of hash a discreetly placed fag end could now be the way to top up your "credits"

i'm just wondering if the council could refuse to give a council house to a smoker ,as the house isnt actually yours i wonder where the occupier stands.

its not public in the sence the public is free to roam (unless you have the unfortunate occurence of a public footpath going through your living room)

but it is a "publically" owned property (the council run this residence on the publics behalf) and its built with public money .

will these hastily made laws have far reaching effects in the future that affects everyone

Hooray!!!!! Now I can come out of a pub stinking of ullage and sweat rather than just fags!!

I have to say that I think that my civil liberties have been strengthened, I am no longer forced to breath in other folk's stench.

However I do feel that there should be 'private' smoking clubs.