Spider ID wanted.

gozzer

Those pesky huns came out of the sun too!

I may try to take a 3D picture of some beastie tomorrow got to use the function for something ,not sure it can get close enough though?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Should you care what becomes extinct?

Down to personal opinion I guess....stag beetle? Tiger? Something closer to our hearts? The Houting?

Extinction is millennia old for sure...what isn't is man kinds choice to hunt/kill/ cause extinction to a given species!

it isn't our animal natures that cause it, it's not our instinct or our need to survive....it's just bloody ignorance!

And eventually it will turn round and royally f**k us in the arse!

Sure, you and I won't be here to see it probably....so should we care?

To our knowledge we have a choice...the only species we are aware of to have that choice....

Not sure commerce cares ,many ofcourse outside of it do .

We are not the best residents at all ,we tear down the forests and replace it with food ,not humans just far to many humans but to stop the human trouble no human would dare step in ,we will finish us off if nature doesnt its assured ,then life will go on as if we never existed at least dinosaurs got 160 million? years to play

The choice has been taken out of our grasp ,big business rules the world not us in the real one

We could all go vegetarian but animals still would disappear if their wanting to eat ,we could all go 100% meateaters and grow food for the animals ,all the time humans are involved it interferes in some way

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I love the way the threads on here 'evolve', but before it, or my spider, becomes extinct, does anyone know what it is?

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I love the way the threads on here 'evolve', but before it, or my spider, becomes extinct, does anyone know what it is?

John.

I think you're as close as you're going to get with your own ID without some more expert assistance. The size is about right, although it's not really supposed to be on a house-plant.

I looked at the website for the "British Arachnological Society" and strangely, they don't have an entry for Araneus sturmi.

• 3 years later...

anyone seen one of these yet?

sorry about the picture if off my old phone in 2012

its a wasp spider slowly crawling north as we warm up .

used this thread as its not worth one of its own ,not sure i have posted it before as i have just refound the picture hidden away on my harddrive

https://www.flickr.com/gp/154098103@N05/x35F03

you can just make out the blurred legs if you squint ,the trouble with the camera is ofcourse theres no manual focus so it isnt focussed on the spider itself

Edited by chesters1

Nope, not yet. Lots of false widows and Segestria florentina though.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Daughter has a false widow smear on her wall (according to her) i have never seen one yet but now is the time they will be noticed.

Its amazing how many spiders there are in a meadow ,i destroy their webs by the thousand on the grass metal detecting and theyre back next morning .

Not seen any really big orb spiders this year and no wasp nests to kill in the roof either

Took these l, no idea what species of spider it is, but its anjoying its prey.

PA230018.jpg

PA230025.jpg

PA230017.jpg

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”