Zander fish-in - October

Anderoo

The weather forecast has taken a bit of a nosedive for next week, waterproofs will be a must methinks. I don't mind the rain but any sign of thunder will see the flotilla heading back to port at full throttle I suspect.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I hope the weather will be ok! I have a day booked on Monday but it's saying heavy rain and 19mph winds so I expect I'll cancel that. Fingers crossed for wed...!

Good that andy will be there that day too.

I was there today and had a really good day, lovely weather, gentle breeze and feeding fish provided non stop action all day. I made a point of keeping count this time (I normally don't bother or forget or lose count) and I ended up with 60, which I'm pretty sure is the most I've had in a day before. Great fun!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Wimp..... I am the captain and we will stay out till you have caught your Bream

The weather forecast has taken a bit of a nosedive for next week, waterproofs will be a must methinks. I don't mind the rain but any sign of thunder will see the flotilla heading back to port at full throttle I suspect.

• Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Well if I get one it does if anyone else flukes one then I am afraid rule 22b is in operation

I think we need to decide in advance whether accidental perch captures count towards the Autumn Perch campaign ;)

• Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Wetted the appetite nicely Anderoo well done

I hope the weather will be ok! I have a day booked on Monday but it's saying heavy rain and 19mph winds so I expect I'll cancel that. Fingers crossed for wed...!

Good that andy will be there that day too.

I was there today and had a really good day, lovely weather, gentle breeze and feeding fish provided non stop action all day. I made a point of keeping count this time (I normally don't bother or forget or lose count) and I ended up with 60, which I'm pretty sure is the most I've had in a day before. Great fun!

This is weather underground's current forecast for next Wed:

Cloudy with occasional light rain...mainly in the morning. High around 15C. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 km/h. Chance of rain 60%.

I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days. The wind will be the real issue. 15kph is about 9mph, 25kph is about 15mph which is on the breezy side but OK. Over 22mph and they won't let you out, but to be honest anything around 20mph you probably wouldn't want to go out anyway...!

PS Phone come on, surely we can make a round dozen? :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

PS in that strength of wind, you'll probably find that the heavier jig heads are essential. Anything around 15mph ish is likely to need 50g. Better to be overgunned than undergunned, too light a jig head and the lure just won't be able to stay near the bottom.