Devon/Dorset fish meet/match

richi

Hi,

Been working away all week and have just seen this topic.

I'm well up for a multi-county trip.

I was brought up in Swanage and know a few of the marks mentioned above. I guess the only issue with less experienced guys (me included) will be launching/coming back in on a steep shingle beach in a swell.

Lulworth cove is a good idea, as it Portland and Poole. Swanage does offer a range of fishing marks, including the reefs at the Eastern end under the Grand Hotel.

Looking forward to it already.

Dave :)

Kayak - Hobie Mirage Outback

Location - Paignton

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Working on the two trips idea (experienced and novice) how about launching from Brixham for the less experienced?

There is a nice beach to launch from next to the marine with no boat traffic close in and just around the corner you have a couple of deep water marks but still staying close to shore.

There are plenty of campsites within easy distance of the launch site for anybody who needs to travel but would like to fish down here.

Just a thought :-)

Chrisw

Hi Chris

Start Point , Slapton , Hallsands has very good fishing close in , ideal for the less experienced paddlers .More than happy to fish closer in with novice kayakers.

Did you say you were in the Exeter area?

Hi Chris

Start Point , Slapton , Hallsands has very good fishing close in , ideal for the less experienced paddlers .More than happy to fish closer in with novice kayakers.

Did you say you were in the Exeter area?

Hi Chuggs,

Yea Im in a little village just outside Exeter so the coast is not really too far for me, all within an hour and a easy drive.

Chrisw

Just had a play on multimap. From a time travelled perspective midpoint from Bideford and Guildford is guess where? .........Lulworth Cove

In miles the mid point is Poole Harbour.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Hi all.

This is looking like a hot number for the spring / summer.

Given the fact that we are ALL newbies, and devloping in the sport, I think it may be a good idea to organise a safety boat for ANY off the shore challenges that have been put forward.

Fishing that far off you need cover, and organisation. ( Just my oppinion )

Most definately a float plan if big numbers are to be involved.

With varying types of Kayak, and paddler strengths, a group could easily become split up very quickly, leaving those left behind , feeling a little vunerable, to the point of putting them off.

Any meet at any venue, if organised should be a huge success and an enjoyable event.

Need to look out for each other.

:)

chuggs if you are planning a trip please count me in, maybe we can sort something at the meeting next week, terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)