Conservation & Politics Forum?

Elton

Conservation & Politics Forum?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a separate forum for conservation & politics discussions?

• Yes
    • No

Steve - I have to agree with Cliff. At one time I really enjoyed the sea angling section but for the past year or more, I only venture on here when I need to check for problems and to try and stomp out the worst of the brush fires.

With the exception of Leon, wurzel, and more recently, GlennK (and maybe one or two others I overlooked), the views of the remaining regular posters on the sea section are so hardened that it is pretty easy to predict what sort of topics they will start and where they will stand on most topics when they post.

most of the 'anglers' have been driven, frightened or bored off the site

In my case, it cannot be 'driven' or 'frightened' so you know what remains..

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Newt, and have followed much the same route.

I'm also getting particularly annoyed with the same individuals posting from multiple accounts, just to get interest in their own threads. The Terms & Conditions of this site forbid it, and always have, so we'll have a zero tolerance policy in future. Any found to be doing this in future will have all accounts removed. That includes multiple sign-ups, as well as sharing log-in information.

All you are doing is proving that your comment/argument holds no water.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

That at times is very clear, There are lots of similarities in posting styles, grammer and spelling etc between members with different names. Are you able to prove who is doing this Elton ? Are there programs that will identify if people are using proxies etc ? Could You ban anyone who uses proxy ?

Edited by glennk

Leon, check out the date on my post, it was back in April, in response to something you posted earlier in the thread.

I didn't bring this topic back to the top, it must have been someone in Admin. :unsure:

Sorry Folks, I put a link to it, in reply to A Norfolk Boys post, someone must have voted and it's been brought back to the top again.

I'll go back to freshwater now :)

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Are you able to prove who is doing this Elton ?

We usually have to go with 'very strongly suspect' glennk but luckily, we do not need 'proof' that would stand up in court.

The proxy thing is a little harder since AOHell is so fond of it. I did some checking yesterday and based on what I could find, the evidence strongly incidated that Leon, Steve C., challenge, and several others were the same person. I decided to ignore the evidence in that case. :headhurt:

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

where are all the interesting fishing threads?

There are still a few around. Del R posted a very entertaining one this morning. I hope more follow his example and remind us all what fishing is all about.

I'm relatively new to this forum, and to fishing. I've had some great advice from various members, but I'm also getting fed up with polls & politics.

Janet

There are still a few around. Del R posted a very entertaining one this morning. I hope more follow his example and remind us all what fishing is all about.

I'm relatively new to this forum, and to fishing. I've had some great advice from various members, but I'm also getting fed up with polls & politics.

Janet

JDS, you may have missed, "Fishy type Photo Galery", lots of fish, and fishy talk, but it does need feeding, other wise *********. will take over again. Thick skin and keep on posting :yeah:

:ph34r:

I agree with Newt, and have followed much the same route.

I'm also getting particularly annoyed with the same individuals posting from multiple accounts, just to get interest in their own threads. The Terms & Conditions of this site forbid it, and always have, so we'll have a zero tolerance policy in future. Any found to be doing this in future will have all accounts removed. That includes multiple sign-ups, as well as sharing log-in information.

All you are doing is proving that your comment/argument holds no water.

Hi Elton

Does that mean one or two regular posting names will dissapear

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

These days we are doing long term suspensions (to over 9000 days) rather than killing the account and those don't show so there may be some names that no longer post but they don't show as 'unregistered'.

There are some members who have several accounts and behave reasonably with them and those will be left alone. Other folks started multiple accounts so they could muck about with other posters or topics and those will be suspended when we can be sure the are a single person trying to cause havoc.