Conservation & Politics Forum?

Elton

Conservation & Politics Forum?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a separate forum for conservation & politics discussions?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killing an account frees the username and the email addy for instant reuse. It also makes it more difficult to do comparisons when we get a new person who is posting in a troll-like fashion to see if it is an old friend who is back to try and create more havoc.

This way we have all the user info available if needed and we at least make our troll contingent create new email addys which is a slight bit of bother for them.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

These days we are doing long term suspensions (to over 9000 days) rather than killing the account and those don't show so there may be some names that no longer post but they don't show as 'unregistered'.

There are some members who have several accounts and behave reasonably with them and those will be left alone. Other folks started multiple accounts so they could muck about with other posters or topics and those will be suspended when we can be sure the are a single person trying to cause havoc.

What ever happened to that really strange bloke called spragg ?

Killing an account frees the username and the email addy for instant reuse. It also makes it more difficult to do comparisons when we get a new person who is posting in a troll-like fashion to see if it is an old friend who is back to try and create more havoc.

This way we have all the user info available if needed and we at least make our troll contingent create new email addys which is a slight bit of bother for them.

That sounds pretty sensible.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest challenge
We usually have to go with 'very strongly suspect' glennk but luckily, we do not need 'proof' that would stand up in court.

The proxy thing is a little harder since AOHell is so fond of it. I did some checking yesterday and based on what I could find, the evidence strongly incidated that Leon, Steve C., challenge, and several others were the same person. I decided to ignore the evidence in that case. :headhurt:

Newt.

Have just got back from sea (you know that’s that wet stuff that surrounds the island of ours) to read that I am Leon? :blink::blink: Surely I have read that wrong newt? :headhurt: I don’t know weather to be honoured or embarrassed? :schmoll: When I said to Leon “there’s a commercial fisherman in there somewhere just fighting to get out” I meant it in jest newt. :)

You’re not a policeman by any chance are you? <_< If that’s detective work then there’s hope for our local CID yet. Next thing you will be saying that I was Billy Bongo or John and Michele where or still are Binatone.

I believe that Michele has a legal team still in hot pursuit of that one.

Just take people at face value for what they say, unless they are lying to discredit and damage an individual or there business.

Leon.

You can be in my dream if I can be in yours. :yeah:

I believe that Michele has a legal team still in hot pursuit of that one.

Is there any truth to the rumor that they are planning to sue the owner of a tea pot for him allowing a tempest in it?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Is there any truth to the rumor that they are planning to sue the owner of a tea pot for him allowing a tempest in it?

i can't speak for john and michele personally , but, i wouldn't be at all suprised if a letter from john and micheles solicitor is posted to a forum members letterbox (in fact it's not if but WHEN!!

this info is just between me and you newt so hush hush mums the word

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Guest challenge

I believe that is one tempest that you want to hope the lid stays firmly on.

Thanks gents. Interesting reactions to say the least.

Just to make sure there is no confusion (since the a alliteration of tempest in a teapot makes it fun to use) in case that expression is only a US one and the meaning wasn't clear, I find from some research that there are several UK versions so

- storm in a teacup

- storm in a cream bowl

- storm in a wash-hand basin

would be other ways to express the same concept.

I'm not completely sure whose letterbox is to be graced with the laywer-speak document but in case mine should happen to be one of them, do you have the correct postal address for me and do remember it needs more postage to get all the way over here.

:icecream::secret:

i can't speak for john and michele personally , but, i wouldn't be at all suprised if a letter from john and micheles solicitor is posted to a forum members letterbox (in fact it's not if but WHEN!!

this info is just between me and you newt so hush hush mums the word

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg