THIS SCUM NEEDS CATCHING

deanbmw

Trends in recorded violent crime in England and Wales, the United States, Canada, and Australia, rate per 100,000 persons, 1980-2004

Canada 1980 - 2004.....700 - 1000

Australia 1995 - 2004.....650 - 1000

U.S. 1980 - 2004......600 - 450

England/Wales 1980 - 2004.... 250 - 2200

Note: Violent crime comprises homicide, assault, sexual assault and robbery. Time periods charted reflect the availability of consistent, nationwide data for each country.

Sources

US Bureau of Justice Statistics 2003. Source book of criminal justice statistics; FBI. Uniform Crime Reporting Program; Statistics Canada. Uniform crime reporting survey; ABS. Recorded crime, Australia; UK Home Office. Crime statistics for England and Wales

In the light of comments on this thread regarding crime between America & Britain I thought it might be worthwhile showing these stats. They were taken off a graph (which I couldn't cut & paste for some reason) & whilst you have to bear in mind that the way crimes are reported in England & Wales has changed since 1980 there's some value as a general trend. Perhaps other countries have managed to control their crime rate better than we have, the U.S. figures caught me very much by surprise.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the U.S. figures caught me very much by surprise.
Peter - is won't be too palatable on here but the US violent crime numbers have dropped dramatically starting pretty much at the same time as Florida changed their laws to seriously liberalize the granting of handgun carry permits for normal citizens (basically, no felony convictions) and as that policy spread across the US, the violent crime numbers continued to drop.

All - the pictured assault and several of the similar ones mentioned sound very much like the work of young sociopaths who will almost certainly escalate to similar actions against people unless they are caught and kept caged. I don't know of any effective way to 'cure' or otherwise control the anti-social behavior patterns of such folks short of placing them in a strict custodial setting such as prison or killing them.

Best I have ever been able to understand is that a sociopath does not see other creatures (animal or human) as being real so that damaging them is no worse than damaging a doll would be. They also tend to think of themselves as smarter than the non-reals around them so are convinced they will not be caught or punished even after they have been previously caught and possibly punished.

Sad but true and the 'guess' that they are youngsters is probably accurate since they are still working on animals.

Lastly, as John S has said several times, please keep this topic to the issues rather than direcely slagging each other for opinions you don't agree with. Disagree with what they say if you wish but quit the personal attacks if you want this to remain an open topic.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The people who did it are scum.

the only way to stop things like this happening in the future is to catch who did it and make and example out of them.

what on earth posses someone to do that is beyond me.

I am a young male and yes i do drink on the street and in pubs and me or my friends dont do that sort of thing and to behonest if they wanted to i'd be my best to stop them.

being a dog owner it makes me sick to think that the dog was loved by a family, i know damn straight if i found my dog like that i wouldnt let it go, id want some sort of justice done, justice to fit the crime.

hmmmm really

Guest Jan V
being a dog owner it makes me sick to think that the dog was loved by a family, i know damn straight if i found my dog like that i wouldnt let it go, id want some sort of justice done, justice to fit the crime.

Agree with you 100% :wallbash:

hi all

thats the trouble we as human have tried to prolong peace and stability and have become comfortable which is what its about.im for that!!

that includes bonding with animals be it cat/dog etc etc even creepy ones:):)

this has ment we treat are pets like real family which as far as my cat goes ,he is family.

and when someone does this type of thing its heart breaking but devistating if its your own animal.

god knows what id do but i wont go there(rage )

i hope this little dunce brags and gets screw`d over by someone with any feelings(lets hope)

if this person did this to look hard hes a coward with mates with just as low brain capacity.

sorry but some people just shouldnt breed EVER!!!.

sg

Guest Jan V
sorry but some people just shouldnt breed EVER!!!.

sg

I once read a book where it was stated that "a mother wasn't fit to raise cobras", let alone children. Unfortunately this same behavior will most likely be perpetuated into yet another generation. :(

why not then, if killing them all is to harsh, why not lock them up in a cell but do to them exactly what they have done to someone else or thing.

mind you you would then be in the same category as them.

bring back the executioner i say, KILL'EM ALL

executioner.jpg

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image