Smallest Pond You Have Fished

Guest rabbit

Guest rabbit

As a follow up to Papa L Thread, I posted that I fish a very small pond near me. Whats the smallest pond you have fished and what did you catch, or see?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a photo (hope its not too big) of the smallest pond that I fished its about 10 metres by 15 metres . I caught 133 carp out of the pond not all by rod and line though, the pond was being filled in so caught as many possible before the water was pumped out then went in with the row boat and landing net when there wasn't enough water for the carp to hide :rolleyes:

All the carp went into the lake behind

post-3934-1145737435_thumb.jpg

Edited by badexcuseforanangler

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

8feet long x 5feet wide x3feet deep. Fished for Goldfish, only caught a couple of Carp :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I'll try and post a picture tomorrow of a pond I fished with a VERY good friend of mine who is sadly no longer with us!! He had perch to over 4lb out and won the Drennan cup weekly once and so did his beautiful wife!! I had a couple of decent fish and LOST??? Who knows!! But it was around 70 yards square!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

The smallest pond I INTEND to fish is my garden pond which is about 1 metre long and contains 4 goldfish. The reason will be to have a close look at them when I judge it be spawning time to try and work out what sex they are (ie why they're not breeding!).

The problem is that my wife has planted a new hedge so it's very easy to see into the garden and I'm not too keen on lots of jokes of the garden gnome (with fishing rod) variety!

john clarke

Admit it folks everyone of us thats had a pond in the garden with ornamental goldfish in has set up a whip of some sort and fished it. I'll hold my hands up to it gnome appearance and all.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

8feet long x 5feet wide x3feet deep. Fished for Goldfish, only caught a couple of Carp

Den

And I'm old enough to remember watching the programme - Den. Funnily enough I shall be fishing my Sister-in-law's pond this summer - the IAC are having their own species race (No Golden Maggot though!) and Gina's place holds sticklebacks!!!! :rolleyes:

C.

Edited by Chris Plumb

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

When we were kids one of my mates installed a sunken baby bath in his garden. We stocked it with sticklebacks and newts and fished matches on it, scoring extra points for newts. We didn't use hooks, just tied-on worms. You could call it a forerunner of the modern commercial carp puddle...

We had a go at creating a few other little private fisheries. There was also a tiny pond that we created by damming a stream carrying overflow from the canal. We put small roach and gudgeon from the canal into it. There was also a small shallow pond of about 10x15 metres with a fishable area of about 3mx3m that we stocked with rudd. They were there for many years afterwards, though I expect that the pond must have dried up over at least one Summer since. All highly illegal, of course, lacking a section 30, consent of the land owner and, come to think of it, consent of the owner of the pond the rudd came from. :unsure:

Other than that, there were a few ponds of around 800 square metres (1/5 acre) that we fished regularly and a few half that size that we fished occasionally.

Guest tigger
When we were kids one of my mates installed a sunken baby bath in his garden. We stocked it with sticklebacks and newts and fished matches on it, scoring extra points for newts. We didn't use hooks, just tied-on worms. You could call it a forerunner of the modern commercial carp puddle...

I did exactly the same thing with my mates when we were kids.

I also used to fish a lot of small pit holes up to about ten yards across and catch rud perch and small roach.

One of them was only about 15ft across and we only ever caught small perch which were virtually black.

Tigger.