Fishy things you wish you had done !

BobH

I have been a coarse fisherman all my life and I'm satisfied with my efforts, but if I could have my time again, there are things I would like to do.

First it would be Salmon, on the fly in a proper Game river.

Second, I have never caught a Trout on a dry fly fishing upstream.

Third, That would be Big Game fishing, I worked in Florida but never got the chance to go fishing.

And lastly, I would have liked to go Artic Grayling fishing, JW left me with that desire in one of his early Go Fishing shows.

So what type of fishing would you like to do, if money and time was no object ?

Bob

I'd like to have a go at flyfishing for bonefish. I'd like to fish the Amazon.

Lots of more attainable fishing I have not got round to yet, though. I'd like to fish for wild carp. I'd like to fly fish a top chalk stream in trout season. I'd like to fish a really nice estate lake for tench and crucians. I'd like to fly fish for bass and mullet.

I'd love to go to Mexico for peacock bass. Probably not gonna happen.

I want to to to the Louisiana swamps for black (largemouth) bass. Probably will next year or the year after.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Should have taken a boat out in Tassie to many others to mention but you need a wish list and most of it shouldn`t be possible to keep the hunger I reckon

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

As per others, Arctic Grayling, also to fish the Amazon, mahseer in India, dorado and trout in Argentina, bonefish in the Indian Ocean, taimen in Mongolia, sturgeon in Canada, barramundi in Oz, tarpon and snook in Florida, shark in Namibia...to list a few....it could be a big expensive list :D

I've a list of species i'd like to catch and venues to fish from as long as my arm but unfortunatly time and funds will make the majority of them as just a fantasy.

I think i'd like to go fishing on the Volga in Russia as there's an awfull lot of large fish present there and I would imagine it would be comparitivly cheap to do.

All,

I wish I had been more humanitarian in my treatment, handling and attitude as an angling stewart throughout my younger years.

Two things I wanted to do (for myself) was, 1. - catch a carp all 50 states - and I did (Alaska was really a goldfish I think) - and - catch a carp in or near every city named "Weston" - and to the best of my knowledge I have.

One of my goals was impossible. From 1971-2 until 1992 I thought it might be possible to concoct the "perfect" carp bait. I have given up.

My proudest angling accomplishment - the older I get - was organizing or helping in excess of 1,500 kids fish-ins.

Phone

For those of you who have never flipped to this side of the penny, we are truly blessed in natural resources and management of the environment.

Edit: Ohh and as an afterthought, I wish I had never gotten on a boat or puked through my nose.

Edited by Phone