Wingham fish-in

Anderoo

1) Sorry, as per the rules, no pike fishing.

2) 6-8lb as they're not tackle shy and there are some sharp bars. I use 8lb straight through, often with a 6lb hooklength. Many of the recent mega catches came on 15lb straight through! I use size 6 hooks for lobs or bunches of dendras, down to size 12 for a single dendra. Don't forget - no barbless hooks (the opposite of most commercial fisheries for hooks larger than size 10.

3) Again, they're not tackle shy so all rigs seem to work. However, I'd recommend a running rig for perch but with a shorter hooklength than normal. My starting point on lobworm at Wingham is about 15 inches. However, one of the nice things about a Fish-In is that it's an opportunity to learn as everyone tries something different.

Thanks Steve! I wondered if we qualified as guests, and so could fish for the pike. It's the tench I'm really after though, with some good strong line :sun:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted - I can't go.

Have to go to the in-laws instead!

That's like being told a date with Kylie has be swapped for a night with John Prescott!

:angry::(:angry::(:angry::(:angry::(

Not happy.

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

Anderoo Why not try different rigs and see what works? You may find a bolt rig works even for the perch at Wingham, especially if used with a small bait like maggots. Certainly though I'd expect a running rig, as long as it's used with a heavy lead so that the indicator moves instead, would be better for the perch. But then all the species at Wingham are naive, and both bolt and running rigs produce.

Boozle You have PM.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I aim to! I'm hoping it won't be too windy for a float, but if it is I'll probably start with a small method feeder on 1 rod and a running leger on the other.

My productivity has really dipped this week... :lol:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hi Guys and Gals. Just been reading this thread for the last few days and even looked at the fishery website link. It looks fantastic, Steve you must be a proud parent.

I under the impression this Wingham fish-in was a private event just for AN long servers and regulars. Didn't realise until reading these that it had an open invitation. Though might be considered a bit cheeky to try and scav a place with only a few months of AN posting under my belt. Anyway i'm on usher duty at a wedding in the west highlands of scotland this w/e.

Maybe next year if thats not too presumptious.

I am looking forward to all the posts, stories and photos this is bound to generate.

Tight lines to all :thumbs:

Hi ShedHed - not cheeky and not presumptious and you would be very welcome.

It is a first-come, first-served thing though and with the usual time for it later in June, it fills up fairly fast so you will need to be on alert for the dates of next years.

This year Steve was nice enough to move it earlier to match up with our holiday visit.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi ShedHed - not cheeky and not presumptious and you would be very welcome.

It is a first-come, first-served thing though and with the usual time for it later in June, it fills up fairly fast so you will need to be on alert for the dates of next years.

This year Steve was nice enough to move it earlier to match up with our holiday visit.

Newt - are you going to make it an annual event or is this year a one off?

I can't make it this year so definitely coming next. Hope to see you next year!

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

Newt - are you going to make it an annual event or is this year a one off?

I can't make it this year so definitely coming next. Hope to see you next year!

What do you intend to do to the inlaws between now and then BB, just to make sure. :o

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

BB - if all goes well, we will be back next year but concentrating on Scotland and all the way to the top for a visit with SandTiger and Tugmistress with (hopefully) a session on Catchalot /w Davy Holt & Co.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Guys and Gals. Just been reading this thread for the last few days and even looked at the fishery website link. It looks fantastic, Steve you must be a proud parent.

I under the impression this Wingham fish-in was a private event just for AN long servers and regulars. Didn't realise until reading these that it had an open invitation. Though might be considered a bit cheeky to try and scav a place with only a few months of AN posting under my belt. Anyway i'm on usher duty at a wedding in the west highlands of scotland this w/e.

Maybe next year if thats not too presumptious.

I am looking forward to all the posts, stories and photos this is bound to generate.

Tight lines to all :thumbs:

The Wingham Fish-In is open to anyone registered with Angler's Net, whether a long term regular poster or a newbie.

As Newt said, I've moved it forward this year to co-incide with his and Jan's visit. However, this will now probably be its regular date. Look out for next's year date on my signature - it'll probably be Saturday May 21st to Monday May 23rd 2007. I'll announce it well in advance, and then about 3 to 4 weeks before the event I'll take bookings on a 1st come/1st served basis.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net