TSF

Tom Pinborough

You don't need a license to have and use a 0.22 nail gun. You can hire them quite easily although you do need to produce evidence of competency ie training.

The device does strike me as potentially lethal though and I wouldn't like to be around if there were a row of them on the beach one night.

Andy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legal-illegal ... not sure :huh: ... but I do have a sneaky admiration of the guy all the same :) ... we need more inventors in this country and to give them a chance to succeed in their quest :yeah:

I'm surprised non of you have mentioned that this could be the answer to your inshore trawling problems. ;)

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Hi all

Just got my copy of June 06 TSF, just having a quick flick through , I like the "bob's Bites" on page 8.

Weldone TSF , keep it up

cheers

Tom

His bark is not as bad as his BITE!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

In the article Bob , talks of the RSA volunteer campaigners , the hours of time taken off from work , paying for their own expenses and how relatively thin on the ground they are in comparision to the commercial fishing .

With the number of opportunities increasing for the RSA campaigners , I would like to see more and more anglers getting behind the RSA campaigners .

This can be done in a number of ways , by joining the RSA organisations , giving finacial support , offering a skill or by becoming active in the RSA campaigns.

The anglers on this site have always been very supportive , I would just like to see this support widen and grow.

cheers

Tom

Tom Pinborough

NFSA conservation group

BASS restoration project

Sea Anglers conservation network

I have a device which can hurl a 12" diameter firework weighing 20Kilos 1500ft up. It's called a big plastic tube!

Having said that, when we set them off we're nowhere near it, we once had an 8" tube blow out on firing, the small granite wall it was stood next to needed rebuilding afterwards!

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

i use a similar thing at work to scare birds of the crop.

http://www.portek.co.uk/scatterbird.html

a small cabbage or a spud that fits just right in the tube can fly at least 100 yds, and thats using propane!!.(dont tell my boss lol)

a modified version could fire it further i believe.and cost less.

but whats the point.its like someone casting out for you when you were a kid. :schmoll: