• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted.

I loved his programmes :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Thats very sad, I actually feel like crying. Those poor little kids.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Can not believe he's gone such a great loss for his family.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

It is some what ironical that after all the risk Steve took during his life that a sting from a ray should kill him.

I often thought his activities with snakes and crocs would one day come to an untimely end, he had a bad habit of sticking his hand down holes which no one else would ever take on.

A sad end for someone who enjoyed life and its' adventure as much as he did.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

It is some what ironical that after all the risk Steve took during his life that a sting from a ray should kill him..

The reports are suggesting it wasn't the sting, it was the barb that went through his chest.. tis a sad day :(

This from http://www.news.com.au

September 04, 2006 02:14pm

Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, is dead.

He was killed in a freak accident in Cairns, police sources said. It is understood he was killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest. He was swimming off the Low Isles at Port Douglas filming an underwater documentary when the tragedy occured. Ambulance officers confirmed they attended a reef fatality this morning at Batt Reef off Port Douglas. Irwin's body is being flown to Cairns.

It is believed Mr Irwin's American-born wife Terri is trekking on Cradle Mountain in Tasmania and is yet to be told of her husband's death.

Mr Irwin - known worldwide as the Crocodile Hunter - is famous for his enthusiasm for wildlife and his catchcry "Crikey!". The father of two's Crocodile Hunter program was first broadcast in 1992 and has been shown around the world on cable network Discovery. He has also starred in movies and has developed the Australia Zoo wildlife park, north of Brisbane, which was started by his parents Bob and Lyn Irwin.

A Tourism Queensland spokeswoman today said the death was shocking and paid tribute to Irwin's "enormous contribution" to his adopted state. Louise Yates said it was impossible to quantify how much Mr Irwin had meant to the Queensland tourism industry. "It would be difficult to estimate how much he was worth. And it would be difficult to underestimate." She said Mr Irwin had been a larger-than-life ambassador. "It's not just what he brought but what he took with him when he travelled, his passion." Australia Zoo, on southeast Queensland's Sunshine Coast, employs more than 500 people and attracts thousands of visitors every day. But Ms Yates said it would be "unfair and unjust" to put a dollar value on Irwin's worth to the state, because of how much he had given.

Edited by Davy Holt

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Matthew will be upset he thought he was great. I just saw it on the news .I suppose he diced with death once to often, still a very young age to die.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

It is some what ironical that after all the risk Steve took during his life that a sting from a ray should kill him.

I often thought his activities with snakes and crocs would one day come to an untimely end, he had a bad habit of sticking his hand down holes which no one else would ever take on.

A sad end for someone who enjoyed life and its' adventure as much as he did.

he was a risk taker but a very entertaining one, i think every one of us has said at one time or another ''when i go etc etc.'' so i suppose he was lucky in the respect that he died doing what he loved doing best.

He will be missed no doubt about that.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

he was a risk taker but a very entertaining one, i think every one of us has said at one time or another ''when i go etc etc.'' so i suppose he was lucky in the respect that he died doing what he loved doing best.

He will be missed no doubt about that.

I for one will miss him very much indeed. He did a lot for the cause of wildlife in OZ.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote