Norrie is at the Mull of Galloway this weekend

Snatcher

What a pity I can`t make it. Sounds like it could be fun, as long as Benny stays off the sauce. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I`m off on a publicity shoot. OK, I`m field testing Snatchers lures for a week. But I`m taking a camera with me!!

The first round in the Clash is on Peter. See this months TSF for details :1a::1a::1a:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Snatcher, how was your weekend at the Mull?

Well Tom it kinda went like this - I arrived at Luce Bay about 4pm on the Friday and done a recce on a bass mark Manxman had given me. Was going to fish it with the poppers at hw on the Saturday on a 10m+ tide which boded well for good bassing :D

Sunrise on Clashwhannon Caravan Park,my van on the left,the Clash pub on the right

PIC_0435.jpg

Then called into the Tigh Na Mara at Sandhead for my customary couple of bevvies on my way to Drummore. Arrived at the Clash to find Norrie and his motley crew + his boat already there. He had booked 2 vans between the 7 anglers which included Jabee and Peter the Fisherman who I had the pleasure of meeting for the first time :)

Norries boat at dawn

PIC_0436.jpg

We all met on the site and then headed into the Clash bar. Ian Burrett then joined us as prearranged :) As the pints went down the fish kept getting bigger!!! After 4 Bellhaven Bests I said my goodbyes and headed back to my caravan fot tea/a dvd and a fridgefull of beer.

On the Sat morning Norrie and his crew went over to Port Logan and launched with Ians 3 boats. I headed off to my preoordained bass mark only to find it the colour of dark oxtail soup :angry: an overnight blow had stirred up the bottom and made it unfishable! Decided I might as well gain some brownie points so took the wife and sister-in-law for a picnic over at Port Logan.

My faithful popper at dawn

PIC_0453.jpg

After the picnic we went over to the Port Logan Inn for a few sociables just in time to see Norries and Ians 3 boats coming back in. I think they had a fairly mixed bag but hopefully one of them will stumble over this post and add some catch details.

Norrie and Peter

PIC_0459.jpg

On the Sat night Peter decided to try popping for bass in front of the caravan park. It was about 8pm and the light was just starting to fade . He was fishing dead on low water and was hooking kelp at every cast. After about 10 mins he gave it up as a bad job and drove over to Port Logan to try there.

Once the light had gone completely I decided to give it a go and trudged a bit further down the beach towards the harbour.

Boats in Port Logan Bay

PIC_0448.jpg

I was surrounded by large mullet spashing all around me not two feet away,it kinda spooked me! Anyway was greeted by the most memorable moonrise - words cannot describe it - awesome. Used the reflection off the full moon to cast at so I could see my poppers progress back to me. Was rewarded by a school bass feeling sorry for me and taking the popper. It got the customaty kiss and back it went :) Decided to call it a day at this point. Not good fishing but I felt content inside :)

Port Logan from the pub beer garden

PIC_0449.jpg

Sunday saw Norries squad on the road so we all said our farewells and threatened to do it all again-as you do.I fancied going over to the Botanical Gardens at Port Logan as I had not been there for a lot of years. So we drove over on a perfect day,not a cloud in the sky. I had forgotten how lush they were,row upon row of palm trees. To crown it all I happened to look up and seen FOUR buzzards circling overhead :sun: Tried to get them on my sons digital camera but they just looked like specks in the sky :( Anyway quite a sight to behold :)

Port Logan Botanical Gardens

PIC_0468.jpg

The girls then decided they wanted to go blackberrying so drove over to Cailiness and parked up at the picnic area. While they went picking I headed off to the point. Met up with my mate Freddie from the village and we had a bit craic and cast together. The water was still a bit murky and we had no takes. Decided to call it a day at this point as it is a 3.5 hour drive back to Whitley Bay and I fancied a few bevvies back in my local .

All in all it had been a good weekend. Fairly poor on the fishing front but can now put a few more faces to names and the craic was excellent. I know it is nice to catch fish but the company and surroundings are important as well.

Not a great fishing report but a few decent shots of "Gods Country" for you :sun: Back over Sept 22 for the weekend and hopefully fish then.

Edited by Snatcher

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Hya Snatcher - just noticed this , I was at a works course down your way - Gateshead all week. :angry:

It was a pleasure to meet you -pity I didnt have the sense to go popping with you on the Saturday night. I had been convinced for ages I could get bass off Port Logan beach. Again however it was only the coalies that took my lure !!! :(

We went for tope in Norries boat on the Saturday morning - Ian Burrett was good enough to advise us where to go etc. The tope didnt materialise for anybody as far as I could see !!

In the afternoon we fished for pollack wrasse etc and had some fun especially Gerrard - who caught his first ever pollack on the float. That is a special feeling for any angler :)

We did get some variety with wrasse ,doggies,coalies,pollack.grey gurnards,mackerel and launce :)

Nice to meet up with Snatcher at last (will follow you next time }

Good fishing - great company

Peter :)

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

Hi Snatcher, great report, love the pics., it really is "God's own country"can see why you fell in love with the place. Sorry that I have been unable to get over this summer although I may make Sept. 22 weekend if I can produce a few " Brownie Points" before then. Still have to catch one of those Mull Silver Fellows! :)

Safety habits last a lifetime.

Ian whats the script with Pagham in Drummore harbour? the drums have been beating loudly with rumours.

Snatcher your pretty good with that camera

This all sounds a bit "undercover" John !!!!! Pagham????? see you a week on Friday then and we shall go bassing :sun::sun:

Yes Peter it was great meeting up,lets do it again asap :)

Tom it would be nice to see you over on the Mull again.

Ian just things went well for you!

The camera was young Snatchers,mine is due in the post any day. Once I have learnt how to use it hope to put some better fish/Mull shots on the forum :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy