Pope upsets Muslims

*Ant*

yeah , what he says is crap, but i dont see jews and christians threatening peaceful westerners on such a big scale <_< of course there is bad in every race, every creed, but when it comes to the attrocities they have committed, i think its right to be VERY concerned of these home grown b****ds

Now what on earth is that about? I don't think whatyou said was very appropriate. Think twice before you post something like that.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can you just enlighten me on what you took offence by? i'm not having a go at muslims, but it IS some young MUSLIMS that are prepared to KILL innocent people for their cause, all i'm saying is i dont see anyone else, these days, who enjoy the life of britain, whilst plotting to kill their fellow countrymen, its become pretty clear that there are too many clasehes. maybe immigration needs tightening ! :angry:

thegentlemanfisherman you may be - diplomatic you ain't.

Not the most tactful and sensitive of posts given the state of current affairs

Our chief weapon is surprise

dont see jews and christians threatening peaceful westerners on such a big scale

Crusades anyone ?

Cristian knights from all over Europe killed many, many thousands of muslims in the name of "our" god durring the crusades.

The Israeli Jews are having a good go right now.

Ok, the victims arn't "westerners" but what difference does that make ?

If this 14th Century Christian emperor had said "the concept of god and Prophets has brought the world only "evil and inhuman" things", the old boy would have been bob on.

Religion dosen't cause all wars but it's caused a fair few and even when it hasn't been the cause of a conflict, it's been used to polarise the masses against one another by manipulative leaders and prolong hatred and misery throughout human existance.

The sooner we, as a species get rid of the supersticious garbage that is religion, the better.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Having taken the time to read the Popes’ speech it would appear that he quoted this dialogue to demonstrate in part the lack of understanding between faiths and not to condemn Islam.

However as usual no one appears to take the words in context.

Having stated that, it would be very remiss of me not to pass comment on the latest speeches from those who promote the deaths of innocent people in order to achieve their unlawful aims.

As we can see these words are widely supported throughout the world by the masses who listen, one can hardly say it is a small proportion when they danced in the streets upon the news of 7/11.

I would say that in order to pass comment on the Popes speech they should read and understand the full script and put their house in order first.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Crusades anyone ?

Cristian knights from all over Europe killed many, many thousands of muslims in the name of "our" god durring the crusades.

The Israeli Jews are having a good go right now.

Ok, the victims arn't "westerners" but what difference does that make ?

If this 14th Century Christian emperor had said "the concept of god and Prophets has brought the world only "evil and inhuman" things", the old boy would have been bob on.

Religion dosen't cause all wars but it's caused a fair few and even when it hasn't been the cause of a conflict, it's been used to polarise the masses against one another by manipulative leaders and prolong hatred and misery throughout human existance.

The sooner we, as a species get rid of the supersticious garbage that is religion, the better.

Couldn't agree more Ken

I am no bigot, I dislike all religions equally

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Couldn't agree more Ken

Bl00dy Hell. That's a first !!!!!!!!!! :P

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Having taken the time to read the Popes’ speech it would appear that he quoted this dialogue to demonstrate in part the lack of understanding between faiths and not to condemn Islam.

Having stated that, it would be very remiss of me not to pass comment on the latest speeches from those who promote the deaths of innocent people in order to achieve their unlawful aims.

As we can see these words are widely supported throughout the world by the masses who listen, one can hardly say it is a small proportion when they danced in the streets upon the news of 7/11.

I would say that in order to pass comment on the Popes speech they should read and understand the full script and put their house in order first.

You're spot on Ken. Heck, I knew what the pope was leading towards, and he was in no way trying to mock Islam or anything like that. However, other muslims tend not to take the time to analyse the context etc. and take it the wrong way. I get really embarassed when things like this happen, and it happens way too often I'm afraid.

Am I correct in hearing a little bit more on this speech later, where the Pope had used the quote to say that ALL killing for religious belief was wrong. I think he just used some of HIS own semi historical fiction to reinforce his point

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Agree totally.

But as far as the Pope's speech is concerned Newt hit the nail on the head. A speechwriter for such a major figure should be paid loads to anticipate every possible complication, including misinterpretation and quoting out of context.

The shame is that the result of all that is usually contentless drivel. Ah well :(

Edited by GlennB

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.