Top Gear accident

*Ant*

Colin, I agree this is good news, and I wish the hamster a speedy recovery! It was an unfortunate accident, but certain people on this thread just could not help themselves having a go at people who don't agree with everything they say!

I fell in February, and although I was taken to hospital that day , I was told "Your shoulder is not broken, come back on Monday and we will start physiotherapy!" It is now September and after the Consultant sent me for an MRI scan, I have just been told I have a massive tear in my rotator cuff and have snapped the ligaments. I need a new shoulder which they can do, however, I will never have any strength as the ligaments have atrophied in that 7 months.

That's the difference in medical care I was trying to tell others about!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this `Celebrity Worship` is sickening. :oops:

Kb`s right.

So the air ambulance received some donations. So what!! The helicopter was already in place for just such an occasion. Did folk suddenly wake up to that fact. Or did they put their hands in their pockets because one of our `precious` celebrities got hurt?

Kylie had cancer and she became the centre of world attention. If she`d not been a celebrity would anyone outside her immediate circle have given a damn?

I think the reality is much more sinister. As a society, we`ve become so self centred; that we need to magnify such events to show what a caring bunch we are. :yucky:

And if who evers `flavour of the month` dies in an accident tomorrow. I`ll resist the temptation to don the sackcloth and ashes. And will restrain myself from bleating an eulogy in public.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Kb`s right.

So the air ambulance received some donations. So what!! The helicopter was already in place for just such an occasion. Did folk suddenly wake up to that fact. Or did they put their hands in their pockets because one of our `precious` celebrities got hurt?

Kylie had cancer and she became the centre of world attention. If she`d not been a celebrity would anyone outside her immediate circle have given a damn?

I think the reality is much more sinister. As a society, we`ve become so self centred; that we need to magnify such events to show what a caring bunch we are. :yucky:

And if who evers `flavour of the month` dies in an accident tomorrow. I`ll resist the temptation to don the sackcloth and ashes. And will restrain myself from bleating an eulogy in public.

Spasor I totally agree with what you say AND believe it or not I DO sympathise with KB,I just don't think it's fair to blame Hammond for the way society is!The guy provides entertainment to millions of people and that is why there has been so much fuss made about him.

Kb`s right.

And if one or two extra people are saved by said air ambulance or one or two more extra women check their breasts because of Kylies plight do you damn them? Unfortunately in this insular world and life that we live in we don't always realise the plight of the lesser mortals but if a celeb having an accident or illness does so be it I say! Omigod I think I'm getting on the soapbox I've been trying to knock down but it really gets to me that people don't see the benefit that may come from these events. Yes I know that all the medical treatment we require should be there at our beck and call, yes I know that air ambulances shouldn't have to rely on donations and yes I wish there was a way of getting these things, but it isn't to be so we have to rely on unfortunate things happening to people to remind us. The bigger the celeb, the bigger the publicity, the bigger chance that something positive can be done. It seems that the likes of Hamster and Kylie are being knocked for having the insurance/money to cope with their plight. Remember, these people have nearly lost their lives over this. Even people with money die. I don't imagine Richard Burns (top rally driver) was short of a bob or two when he was diagnosed and eventually succumbed to a brain tumour.

Next time you're driving in Yorkshire just remember that if you need an air ambulance its existence has been helped by these so called "flavour of the month" worshippers and the suffering of a little rodent!

Just my humble opinion, no offence intended,

Colin

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

FWIW - I have a standing order for £5.00 a month for Gloucestershires Flying Ambulance Service. I know it's not a lot but it is all I can afford on State hand out. (which I put in!!)

I hope all those bleating about the hamster have the same thing

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

How could I take offence at your views Colin. They are your views, you have every right to hold and express them.

I have no grievance with folk spending their lives with brains stuck inside soap operas. I just wish they`d stop being so pious when someone questions their motives.

I`m sure none of us actually jumped for joy when Hammy had his accident. But to call it a tradgedy and rush round to the florists, is going over the top?

Let`s rewind a few weeks. How many of you thought Steve Irwins` exploits were an accident waiting to happen? Yet when he got sloppy and the stingray did what came naturally. OZ went into mourning, some retards went out killing every stingray they could find.

As for air ambulances. Most of these services were started, not through public donations, but by corporate sponsorship. My own local service in W.London began with a chopper with `Daily Express` emblazoned on every panel. We never see any appeals for funding.

Call me a cynic if you like. But when I see these outpourings of grief or concern. All I see, is a load of folk saying "I hope someone will care if it happens to me".

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Guest long-trotter
I would like the posters that are posting remarks about buying the best, and when in a hole, stop digging, to swap places with me for a month. Although disabled, they must cook their own meals (if they can afford them with the government "hand outs") keep the house clean, do the washing, shopping?, gardening etc. And remember there are people telling you you can't do what you are trying to do, because if you do, they will report you to the authorities!

Just try it and I will be able to say to you "WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!!!"

KB sorry to hear about your misfortune, I hope you make a good recovery over time :)

You mention people reporting you to the authorities! are we talking about the DWP? If so tell those who have it in for you to take a hike!

When I was a beat officer I attended a few cases where neighbours had been harassing disabled neighbours, all they could see was the Motability car the fact that they "the disabled person" had a modest lifestyle etc, they were just scratching the surface, if they took time to get to know the disabled person they would see the great pressure they were under coping with their disabilities and in some cases their partners too.

Sadly neighbours are using the National Benefit Fraud Hotline to get even and in some cases harass disabled neighbours, I have some figures for you, out of 1.3 million tip-offs made to the government's flagship benefits-fraud hotline have led to scarcely 4,000 cheats being caught in seven years, most of those are for large scale housing benefit fraud.

In all, fewer than one in 300 calls to the National Benefit Fraud Hotline resulted in a conviction, a success rate of 0.31%

if you feel you may be getting some hassle of a neighbour or neighbours, contact your local neighbourhood beat manager at your local nick and get him to pop round for a chat. I know how stuborn disabled people can be and they are the worst at asking for help, but please bear it in mind we take this sort of thing very serious. Everyone has the right to live in peace and some neighbours attitudes are totally unacceptable.

P.S if you ever get a visit from the DWP it will be from The Customer Compliance Team (sound like the Gestapo) :unsure: they are not, they are very understanding and helpful, be up front with them about your concerns and if you do Make contact with the Police pass on the attending officers details to them.

Hope this helps ease your mind

Antony.

Edited by long-trotter

I wonder if Hamond would still drive fast if, or if Erwin would have still dived on crocks, or Hays or Willson would still go fishing if there wasnt a telly program to make ? cause they would its in there blood. All ways wanting to push the thing they love (and them selves to the limit).

So whats wrong with it.

What kind of world would it be with out the likes of these sort of people. Would we have any travel at all?

What if the Wright Bros said "You know, we might scrage a knee it that thing takes off" or Armstrong saying "ill just sit and watch the launch if you dont mind"

Nine times out of ten these people would do this kind of thing for nothing, never mind, just because there's a camera pointing at them.

If Hamond had broken the land speed record what then? Some one would build a better machine to beat it, and that could only be for the good.

The propella was good yes, but the jet engine is better.

It was ok listening to the radio but watching tellys better.

Man all ways wants bigger, better, stronger, and faster its what has got us out the caves. So whats wrong with some of these people who have the balls to help attchive this make some money and a better life for themselves and others along the way.

He Who Dares Rodney

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.