Top Gear accident

*Ant*

He got hurt doing what he was paid to do. What difference does that make ?

He's not a soldier making a career choice of kill or be killed, he's a TV presenter for ****'s sake.

Klein, you really need to examine your motives mate. Do you hate everyone who does well in life ?

The fact that he was able to talk to people after the crash and that he is already showing signs of improvement are clearly good signs and I hope he comes though this with nothing more serios than a few scars and a set of prosthetic teeth to show for it.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a jet powered drag racer. I think we tend to forget these days that motorsport is dangerous. Nobody has died in F1 since Senna and Ratzenberger, but there have been deaths in rallying; Michael Park in last year's Rally of Britain, a couple of people in last year's Paris-Dakar. I'm sure there have been plenty of deaths and serious injuries worldwide in amateur motorsport; I wonder how many there are at the Nurburgring alone?

Still, how many of us would have turned down a go in that dragster, even if we weren't being paid to do it?

And, just recently, Peter Brock died in Australia. Many won't have heard of him over here, but the fact that he received a state funeral shows just how influential he was in Oz:

http://peterbrock.com.au/

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

He got hurt doing what he was paid to do. What difference does that make ?

He's not a soldier making a career choice of kill or be killed, he's a TV presenter for ****'s sake.

Klein, you really need to examine your motives mate. Do you hate everyone who does well in life ?

The fact that he was able to talk to people after the crash and that he is already showing signs of improvement are clearly good signs and I hope he comes though this with nothing more serios than a few scars and a set of prosthetic teeth to show for it.

Gald i'm not the only one who found his Victor Meldrew tone offensive

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

It's probably just a cover story so the Hamster can gain a few inches and get some new teeth.....

Hope he pulls through - great telly bod & brainiacs is good fun to.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Call me whatever you like:

We have had everybody saying how bad the country had got when Demeneziz (sp) got shot. If he had been carrying a bomb, the police would have been lauded all over the country. The fact that he was an illegal immigrant doesn't count.

Steve Irwin was a multimillionaire from his dangerous antics in front of the camera. He diced with death every time he went in front of the camera. How long do you think he would have carried on for?

The BBC wouldn't pay a man £100k per episode for him sitting in front of a desk.

The TV companies will pay big money for high-risk television programmes, BECAUSE WE WANT TO SEE THEM DICE WITH DEATH!!

They also pay very big money for football games, enabling the players to be payed obscene amounts to play, because THE PUBLIC WANT TO WATCH THEM!!

I am not being a Victor Meldrew or a miserable git, but looking at the situation in a balanced way!

The students who were taken to hospital because the medicinal trial went differently than expected, were all poor martyrs. If it had gone as planned, nothing more would be said or at least they (the students) would have been called lazy gits getting money for nothing!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Call me whatever you like:

We have had everybody saying how bad the country had got when Demeneziz (sp) got shot. If he had been carrying a bomb, the police would have been lauded all over the country. The fact that he was an illegal immigrant doesn't count.

Steve Irwin was a multimillionaire from his dangerous antics in front of the camera. He diced with death every time he went in front of the camera. How long do you think he would have carried on for?

The BBC wouldn't pay a man £100k per episode for him sitting in front of a desk.

The TV companies will pay big money for high-risk television programmes, BECAUSE WE WANT TO SEE THEM DICE WITH DEATH!!

They also pay very big money for football games, enabling the players to be payed obscene amounts to play, because THE PUBLIC WANT TO WATCH THEM!!

I am not being a Victor Meldrew or a miserable git, but looking at the situation in a balanced way!

The students who were taken to hospital because the medicinal trial went differently than expected, were all poor martyrs. If it had gone as planned, nothing more would be said or at least they (the students) would have been called lazy gits getting money for nothing!

BUT, the bottom line being a decent bloke with a young family is fighting for his life as we speak.

And what the hell Illegals, Steve Irwin, Footballers and students have got to do with that is beyond me.

Its nice to be nice, give it a go!!!!

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

I think it's fair to say that the job carried some risk and that he was rewarded handsomely for doing it. I wouldn't say it was danger money, it was just the market price for someone who is an integral part of a hugely profitable show; Top Gear has about 350 million viewers worldwide. I certainly don't think there should be a witch-hunt over this, or wailing and gnashing of teeth about "how could it happen", people should be able to make their own choices about risk.

Irrespective of that, I don't think that what he did was reckless, and I don't think that it's a reason not to feel sympathy for him and his family.

Irrespective of that, I don't think that what he did was reckless, and I don't think that it's a reason not to feel sympathy for him and his family.

My sentiments exactly. Some people in this world - and I point no fingers here - seem to have an inherent nasty streak that makes them look for (and often invent) the bad side of any situation.

My thoughts are with him and his family and I hope he makes a full recovery

....Here's to swimming with bow-legged women....

Only a fool would believe that the stunts pulled on Top Gear are as dangerous as they look (some people probably believe Clarkson really did set fire to a chip pan in that caravan). They are undoubtedly professionally co-ordinated and carried out to the highest possible safety standards. Unfortunately accidents do happen and at 300mph when they happen people get seriously hurt. Hopefully the hamster will make a full recovery and be back on the screens soon.