Top Gear accident

*Ant*

First he must (surely) be private or be covered by private health insurance. If not then the guy needs to take a serious look at employment contracts because if you are on his sort of money then really you'd want PHS included, especially given the type of job he does! Duty of care laws could be interesting here as in a high risk occupation they'd probably have to provide PHS in case an accident necessitated services which may not be immediately provided by the NHS.

Assuming he is on PHS....

I very much doubt it is a no star NHS hospital as someone called it! Even in an NHS hospital there are 'grades' of care, and private patients attending NHS hospitals (which I have some experience of) are (in the main) given private rooms even on general wards (i.e. most wards have private rooms at each end). You also have more weight to make non standard requests for things you require since the NHS can drastically overcharge the service to your insurance company.

- £20 for a paracetemol anyone!

Ian W

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dean,

Of course!! I would LOVE someone to come to me and sponsor my fishing 100%!!

But, If I fell in and drowned, I would not expect a great wailing and gnashing of teeth!

What would you do if Matty Heys or John Wilson died tomorrow, we will feel sad because we have lost a great fisherman and the thread might go to two pages. We do NOT expect a National day of Mourning!!!

If they were hurt (seriously) and were taken to hospital, we would not hear the great outcry for money for the flying ambulance or for the hospital treating them!!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

What would you do if Matty Heys or John Wilson died tomorrow, we will feel sad because we have lost a great fisherman and the thread might go to two pages. We do NOT expect a National day of Mourning!!!

The people that 'know' John and Matt through their TV work would feel shocked and saddened, I expect. I know I would. The same applies to Richard Hammond, it's just that many more people 'know' him due to his profile being so much higher. The same applied to George Best, Diana...and every other famous person.

No big deal, just proportional representation of concern, interest and large scale rubbernecking, really.

I'll bid you good day. ;)

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

do i hate anyone who does better than me......nope.

You're obviously not trying hard enough, mate. :P

Now, I must be orf, I've got a chap here scrubbing out the swimming pools and the grasping wretch cons £3.50 an hour out of me for the privilege! That's every hour, mind. :rolleyes:

No wonder I had to put two of the trainee masseuses on short time. :angry:

swimming pools and the grasping wretch cons £3.50 an hour

Good you see you upholding the princibles of the minimum wage Terry.

Presumably the wretch's name is something quite unpronouncable..... :D

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Good you see you upholding the princibles of the minimum wage Terry.

Presumably the wretch's name is something quite unpronouncable..... :D

It's not even double-barrelled, Ken! I mean, one doesn't mind distributing the few sheckels gleaned from barely a dozen properties in Mayfair, but it's a bit much when it goes to common working chaps, what?

I think the cove's name is Harry Windsor or somesuch. Apparently, his grandmother's well connected but the father is a frightful fellow. Talks to plants, or carbuncles, or something. Awful business. :rolleyes:

Toodles.

Terry Thrashington-Smythe-Prozac.

What is it that they are giving you for your pain in the bum again Tel?

It's called 'Leon-away banishing cream', mate. It's specially formulated to deal with pains in the ar.... well, I'm sure you get my drift. :P

:yeah:

First he must (surely) be private or be covered by private health insurance. If not then the guy needs to take a serious look at employment contracts because if you are on his sort of money then really you'd want PHS included, especially given the type of job he does! Duty of care laws could be interesting here as in a high risk occupation they'd probably have to provide PHS in case an accident necessitated services which may not be immediately provided by the NHS.

Assuming he is on PHS....

I very much doubt it is a no star NHS hospital as someone called it! Even in an NHS hospital there are 'grades' of care, and private patients attending NHS hospitals (which I have some experience of) are (in the main) given private rooms even on general wards (i.e. most wards have private rooms at each end). You also have more weight to make non standard requests for things you require since the NHS can drastically overcharge the service to your insurance company.

- £20 for a paracetemol anyone!

http://www.nhs.uk/England/hospitals/showho...l.aspx?id=RR801

Right hand side of the page gives the star rating!

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

Ah yes - but my point being there is a world of difference between being an NHS patient in an NHS hospital and being private (most of the time). The no star flag almost certainly doesn't apply to these folks!

Remember NHS performance targets (i.e. the basis for stars) is only based on the NHS!

Edited by UK-Fishing-Tackle.co.uk

Ian W