PAC FURY OVER NUDD'S CALL FOR PIKE CULL

Elton

I could not agree more.

So much of the division in angling are artificial. Most of the match anglers I know also indulge in other aspects of the sport. I have started to try Pike fishing , Like fly and shore fishing and in the near future intend to try boat fishing. But to some I obviously spend my time counting my winnings and deciding wether it is cost efective to get out of bed next Sunday. That sort of stereotyping helps no one.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was fishing with bob nudd yesterday on the maldon canal and asked him about this accusation and he said its a load of blox, what he said was you need to cull the asylum seekers as they are as bad as pike for killing the roach.

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

i was fishing with bob nudd yesterday on the maldon canal and asked him about this accusation and he said its a load of blox, what he said was you need to cull the asylum seekers as they are as bad as pike for killing the roach.

Poor old Bob. I bet he needs that quote being published as much as the last one. :headhurt:

Poor old Bob. I bet he needs that quote being published as much as the last one. :headhurt:

it ain't true like the first quote, if you believe that then you believe anything.

bob has advisers and runs his own fishing company and I'm quite sure he would never say them words.

put it this way if you believe anything that is written then you are more of a fool than you actually look, and if you do believe that cra p then believe this, you ow me £7.000 .

now that is written do you believe that lol i doubt it, bob is the nicest bloke i have met and very helpful, i fish with him quite allot and trust me he would never say anything to pi ss of the angling communities.

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

it ain't true like the first quote, if you believe that then you believe anything.

bob has advisers and runs his own fishing company and I'm quite sure he would never say them words.

put it this way if you believe anything that is written then you are more of a fool than you actually look, and if you do believe that cra p then believe this, you ow me £7.000 .

now that is written do you believe that lol i doubt it, bob is the nicest bloke i have met and very helpful, i fish with him quite allot and trust me he would never say anything to pi ss of the angling communities.

:lol: Excellent - hook line and sinker. Where do I send the money?

Surely, any call to kill pike is irrational. For a start, large pike eat one hell of a lot of small pike. There again, the perch population of any water that holds them, must eat a great many more small fish than the pike. Add chub into the equation on rivers and it gets even more complicated. Rudd are also known to be very prolific predators of small fry and probably every species will eat spawn. Why not just kill everything?

Edited by Peter Sharpe

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

There you go again Smudger, making uninformed assumptions. I am not a match angler, just one who is fed up with the constant back biting that plagues angling. I fish mainly alone now, after nearly 50 years of listening to each branch of angling having a dig at each other. I did matchfish regularly when I was younger, but have not done so for over 25yrs. It was the only way I could get to fish certain waters in those days. I made some good friends doing so, I had reasonable success at club and league level, and learned a lot that stood me in good stead over the years. I had a spell at fishing for selected species, but that was not my thing. I now fish for what ever takes my fancy, I am not stuck in any camp. Please do not try to 'pigeon hole' me because I do try and keep an open mind about my angling, as I hope has been shown in my posts on AN. If an angler from what ever discipline, makes a comment that is outrageous or down right stupid, then I will take that individual to task as opposed to the discipline he represents. I hope that makes it easier for you to see where I am coming from, in this, and any future threads in which we 'cross swords'.

John.

Sorry Budgie but I'm at it again. I believe that the very fact that we go fishing, the baits, baiting methods, introducing species etc, has and still does interfere with that balance. It's the butterflies wings effect, what ever we do, can, and does in some way alter that balance to some degree.

My most sincere apologies mr gozzer. i have re-read the threads.and mis-read your answer and thought you were a current match angler. will delete the offending thread. a case of the red mist descending

as you may guess i am a staunch believer in letting nature do it's thing we humans are all to ready and eager to interfere, and all to many times as history tells us we make a big hash of it

your's Dave Smith

concentrate for the moment: feel. don't think.

So to try and get this thing back on track

Bob Nudd is by all accounts a nice bloke and according to those that know him and fish with him would never say those things so why should we believe them just because we saw them in print in his own column.

He runs his own fishing company and is surrounded by advisors so therefore St Bob can't be guilty of any of the things attributed to him in print and printed in his NOTW column over a week ago

So if he does'nt believe in those things and he has'nt said those things, then why are'nt his advisors doing what they're paid to do and advise him to come out fighting and rubbish all those thoughts attributed to him in his column supposedly written by the ghost writer Stan Piecha. Either the advisors are rubbish at their job or Stan Piecha quoted Bob correctly and those are the thoughts of Mr Nudd and are probably recorded by Mr Piecha for his own protection and notes when writing up his piece as most journalists do

It's been over a week now with plenty of time for the angling weeklies to run a story and another issue of NOTW has been published without I presume any kind of clarification of his "culling fields" views so I have to assume that the story is genuine and that Mr Nudd may well have fallen off his pedastal.

I wonder how much longer Browning will continue to offer sponsorship to someone who may damage their sales and cost them their toehold in the predator tackle market

My most sincere apologies mr gozzer. i have re-read the threads.and mis-read your answer and thought you were a current match angler. will delete the offending thread. a case of the red mist descending

as you may guess i am a staunch believer in letting nature do it's thing we humans are all to ready and eager to interfere, and all to many times as history tells us we make a big hash of it

your's Dave Smith

No problem Dave, it's just one of those things. No offence taken or given I hope.

Here's to the next time ;)

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

obviously he wouldnt, which is why he hasnt issued a complete retraction despite it being over a week since this happened.

it appeared under his name in a national paper5.

if he doesnt agree with it, then he should have distanced himself from it very quickly, but he didnt.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk