Big Cod - DEFRA are after you and your skipper friends.

glennk

A chargeable licensing scheme and bag limits

3.30 There was support both from the angling sector and other respondents for proposals in respect of “bag limits” and a chargeable licensing scheme for angling.

It was noted however, that revenue generated by any charging scheme must be used for the benefit of the sport and that before a charge was introduced there should be:

any charging scheme must be used for the benefit of the sport and that before a charge was introduced there should be:

• a similar scheme to charge commercial fishermen;

a similar scheme to charge commercial fishermen;

• bans on destructive fishing practices;

bans on destructive fishing practices;

• management measures (such as increased minimum landing sizes) to re-build fish stocks around the shores for the benefit of RSA; and

management measures (such as increased minimum landing sizes) to re-build fish stocks around the shores for the benefit of RSA; and

• a greater role for anglers in decision making on fisheries matters.

I did warn you but you listened to civil servents who don't know how to lie straight in bed. Shame on any angling rep who backed this crock of ****

Edited by glennk

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think all of this makes sense.

i for one would happily pay for a license if they adopted all the clauses stated.

something needs to change and soon.

if this doesn't work then it won't matter as we will all be playing golf soon as there will be nothing left to collect fees for.

Glen when i read this pile of **** it makes my blood boil chargeing anglers to fish in the sea its ****s believe me most anglers in this country DO NOT KNOW THIS LEGISLASTION IS IN PLACE but the best part is it was anglers who the idea into the ****ing heads of these boffins. :wacko::angry:

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

i think all of this makes sense.

i for one would happily pay for a license if they adopted all the clauses stated.

something needs to change and soon.

if this doesn't work then it won't matter as we will all be playing golf soon as there will be nothing left to collect fees for.

Dale do honestly believe for miniute if you pay for a licence will make a bit of difference to you when you go angling if i thought it would i would be the first to hold my hand up and pay for a licence the wool has been dragged over your eyes mate all this is is another tax which will end up in the treasury tackle shop owners are going to love this.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Careful Paul they may make it a day licence and ask/make charter boat skippers collect the dues and forward them, just like they do with VAT :(

Les it will be an a yearly levey mate another tax to pay for what NOTHING because that is just what you are going to get for a rod licence look the river esk at whitby just an example river anglers the anglers who fish the river over the years have had restrictions imposed upon them and gained nothing

All the visitors who buy a cheap rod to go on to the peir with the kids in summer £20 for a rod licence please oh no thank you we wont bother. :schmoll:

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Glen when i read this pile of **** it makes my blood boil chargeing anglers to fish in the sea its ****s believe me most anglers in this country DO NOT KNOW THIS LEGISLASTION IS IN PLACE but the best part is it was anglers who the idea into the ****ing heads of these boffins. :wacko::angry:

BC, we will pay it like we allways do in this country, it might put a stop to some kids taking up the hobby (mind you they spend more than that for a nintendo video game! well there mums or dads do) but i dont see it making that much difference overall, i think in the long run it just might help to change a few perspectives especialy those of the average sea angler which i think needs changing ie, if they are paying for the privilege of the local gill netter or trawler for ruining his days sport he just might do something about it rather than all this apathy crap.............

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

I aren't worried about a licence. If I have to pay 20 quid then so be it, its a small amount to pay for something I enjoy. I'd rather it was free but what the hell they charge us for everything else in this country now. If the fishing goes down the pan I'll switch to trout fishing at the local reservoir paying £500 for the pleasure. But I certainly aren't so naive to think that ill get any benefits for that 20 quid. Might get another rep on the worthless sfc (still leaving us with such a minority it makes no difference), might get some more fish ive never seen on a recreational only list.

What I object strongly to is bag limits and the thought that anglers who know jack **** about our fishing are supposedly representing me and telling DEFRA I'm happy to accept this in return for absolutely **** all. Before you come asking me for support for your Tope plans and bass plans think again because the reply will not be so pleasant.

I aren't worried about a licence. If I have to pay 20 quid then so be it, its a small amount to pay for something I enjoy. I'd rather it was free but what the hell they charge us for everything else in this country now. If the fishing goes down the pan I'll switch to trout fishing at the local reservoir paying £500 for the pleasure. But I certainly aren't so naive to think that ill get any benefits for that 20 quid. Might get another rep on the worthless sfc (still leaving us with such a minority it makes no difference), might get some more fish ive never seen on a recreational only list.

What I object strongly to is bag limits and the thought that anglers who know jack **** about our fishing are supposedly representing me and telling DEFRA I'm happy to accept this in return for absolutely **** all. Before you come asking me for support for your Tope plans and bass plans think again because the reply will not be so pleasant.

Hi glen.

i agree with you as you know about anglers from other areas not knowing the real issues and what is good or not for them, if you take the difference between mine and yours for example, its like comparing chalk and cheese for the type and species of fish that one will encounter, we down here would definitely benefit from things like the golden mile where as up their would it make any difference? issues concerning bass are more relevant again down here but are they as relevant up their? are cod of any importance down here as they are their? the answer imo is no! why? because they do not hardly exist here anymore, its a bit like the local sfc here lately releasing a consultation on protecting the common skate, its been long gone from these waters pretty much extinct, whats that all about? politics i guess?

I know one of your big beefs is the spawny fishery, but apart from that glen what else would you like to see done for your twenty or whatever quid and bag limits if they are to be forced on you and i?

cheers..................

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Guest challenge

Where has this £20 amount come from? Or are we guessing again? :blink:

Will the licences be all the same price? Or different according to what you want to catch?

The same as course fishermen have to pay? :(

It will be all worth it in the end, like Leon said” it might not sound very attractive now, but if it

Gets rid of one set of pair trawlers it will be all worth while” :lol::lol::lol:

have been practising fishing without a rod this morning with darlick, :clap2: had 50 odd fish, mostly cod, best fish was about 14lb twenty foot of water and would have had a lot more if it wasn’t for the seals. :angry: O yes by the way we did not have to pay a penny for the experience to the government.

Led down the garden path comes to mind with this thread. :thumbs: