Big Cod - DEFRA are after you and your skipper friends.

glennk

Don't think I do want anything Stavey DEFRA have had their chance to help us they blew it long ago with there refusal to stop black fish and quota dodging and killing undersized fish - that 10 years will not be mended by allowing us extra people on a commercially biased committee. As I say if they want 20 quid let them have it I don't want to ask for anything as I know I won't get anything worth having.

I just want them to leave our fishing alone. I want our so called reps to stop saying things like anglers will accept bag limits - I will be sat in a room tonight where the air would be blue if they knew people were telling the government they were willing to accept bag limits - imposing bag limits will just mean a few extra quid for the commercials. We're being sold down the river as we speak.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what`s the problem?

Say the license costs £20. It costs me twice that to fill one of my reels. :rolleyes:

I think the issue of bag limits is what`s upsetting the numpties? Even before any disussions are held on what the limit should be :wallbash:

Maybe folk should wait until proposals are actually put in print. And not blow a load of hot air in anticipation.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Guest challenge
So what`s the problem?

Say the license costs £20. It costs me twice that to fill one of my reels. :rolleyes:

I think the issue of bag limits is what`s upsetting the numpties? Even before any disussions are held on what the limit should be :wallbash:

Maybe folk should wait until proposals are actually put in print. And not blow a load of hot air in anticipation.

O that sounds a good idea? :lol:

You mean allow organized hypocrisy? Why not, lets go for that then. :clap2:

There won't be any proposals put in print. The angling organisations have already supported these measures, it says so in the summary of responses. That means as far as DEFRA are concerned, they have the anglers blessing to implement licences and bag limits.

There will be a very loosely worded consultation and then DEFRA will implement whatever they like. If anglers are to have any say at all, it has to be now. By the time these ideas reach consultation stage, it will be too late.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

why all the fuss around cod? :blink:

we had them years ago and now they are gone. :( spilt milk. yesterdays news. today is more important.

do i start bleating on about tope and bass being all thats cared about etc etc NO.

i help out by writing the letters and adding the pressure for what little we have gained.

without people wanting to protect bass and now tope we wouldn't have a couple of people on committee's etc etc. from small acorns is the expression.

if people concentrated their efforts in helping rather than moaning more would get more done.

if a rod fee is reqd then pay it. just make sure the money is directed to our aims.

bag limits are a good thing IMHO as i still see idiots taking more than they can handle and some rules to prevent unnecessary slaughter would be a good thing. :wallbash:

for those who say fish can be frozen and i have seen pictures of boxes of fillets recently, think how often do you/wife throw out stuff that's out of date or has been in there too long.

Edited by dale

So what`s the problem?

What people are missing here is having to pay £20 to fish in the sea, the money itself in this day and age is not a great deal of money well not to some it is the principle WHY PAY TO FISH IN THE SEA it should be free to eveybody the magnacarta gives me you and everybody else freedom to fish in the sea FOR FREE with a rod and line and now its going to be taken away because a very small minority have said its ok to impose this tax on all anglers and it stinks see if the press get hold of this and then see what the reaction is :angry:

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

make no difference to me ............................I catch jack sh*t anyhow..........................lol

Brian

(avatar is a 171lb common skate )

caught onboard "Catchalot" with Davy Holt

Spoke to the local tackle shop today given them the anglersnet adress to have a look at whats going on with this marine document he was just a tadge upset at what i said had been proposed by our representatives. :o

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Spoke to the local tackle shop today given them the anglersnet adress to have a look at whats going on with this marine document he was just a tadge upset at what i said had been proposed by our representatives. :o

BC, it might be for the right or wrong reason, but all this license threat thing is making him shift his arse, well done :thumbs:

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

What people are missing here is having to pay £20 to fish in the sea, the money itself in this day and age is not a great deal of money well not to some it is the principle WHY PAY TO FISH IN THE SEA it should be free to eveybody the magnacarta gives me you and everybody else freedom to fish in the sea FOR FREE with a rod and line and now its going to be taken away because a very small minority have said its ok to impose this tax on all anglers and it stinks see if the press get hold of this and then see what the reaction is :angry:

Hi BC

Just for your information The Magna Carta has no mention of fishing in it, although it is frequently misquoted.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk