Big Cod - DEFRA are after you and your skipper friends.

glennk

Guest challenge
Glen. Firstly, if you only catch 4-5 fish a week you have my condolences.

Secondly. Then how badly do you think a bag limit would affect you?

I think the numpties count their haul by the stones of fillets they land!!!!!!

So we are numptys now are we? Bullied at school where you. I like glenk, also don’t like to be called a numpty.

Millions of anglers using thousands of different fishing methods catching hundreds of different spices for many different reasons.

Never going to agree on most things, does not mean that because he does something that you don’t agree on he is a numpty now does it?

Grow up comes to mind.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The phrase "play nicely everyone, or this thread gets closed" also comes to mind....

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Perhaps, if it could be shown that shore angling is not a problem(it's allowed in Bass nurseries, after all) the rod license might only apply to boat anglers.

If it is applied to shore anglers, how many rods will it cover?

I've got my hard hat on!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

valid point jim

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

Perhaps as its bass anglers who want all these measures only they should be subject to a licence and bag limits ?

:rtfm::nono: Don't assume all bass anglers are happy with all the proposed restrictions Glenn, I can assure they aren't.

Divide and conquer Glenn, divide and conquer.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Perhaps as its bass anglers who want all these measures only they should be subject to a licence and bag limits ?

In a way glen i would not have a problem with that, if bag limits and a license was done on a regional basis ie, like were i am and we got measures for the golden mile passed for it i think that would be a good deal, it need not apply in your area though and you could carry on left alone but at the same time if you fancied a trip down here you would of course have to comply by buying a license and obiding by the bag limit rules, i dont think you would argue against that would you glen?????

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

I think the point is if you only catch a few fish a week a bag limit is not going to affect you, if however you go out and catch 20 a trip you will. I have always had a two fish limit when bass fishing and I'll only keep as many mackeral as I'll eat in 24 hours. I'd happily pay a licence if the revenue was ring fenced and used for enforcement/improvement (and that includes enforcement of the commercial sector)

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Perhaps, if it could be shown that shore angling is not a problem(it's allowed in Bass nurseries, after all) the rod license might only apply to boat anglers.

If it is applied to shore anglers, how many rods will it cover?

I've got my hard hat on!

:clap2: Under Magna Carta fishing from the shore is free, will they attempt to change the law under Magna Carta, it's got Royal approval after all. :clap2: