Pike and zander fish-in

Anderoo

I'm a Pike teach-in Defo too Anderoo.

You still bringing a dead Pike for tuition Budgie?

So looking forward to this, it'll be the first time I've ever fished with more experienced anglers...I'll put my L plates on! :lol:

Drove past the Cut Off this evening, the lower banks all gone, water level about 6ft over that at a rough guess! Tried to drive through Welney Wash, but that was 3ft over the road! I've not quite got the hang of fen levels, as Middle Level looked about normal though.

Weather a lot warmer up in Norfolk than it is down here which is nice!

Geoff

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One last thing, please say if you're unsure about unhooking, etc. and would like to be near someone who knows the ropes. That's half the reason for these predator fish-ins, although so far it's mainly been experienced people who have come along! If you can unhook pike, you can unhook zander, it's the same principle.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I've never caught pike or zander, think I could unhook without a problem having read up on the subject no end, but having a helping hand/guiding eye wouldn't go amiss. Particularly keen to get my hands on Budgies dead one (excuse me?) so that I can practice my gill raker avoidance technique.

Geoff

I've never caught pike or zander, think I could unhook without a problem having read up on the subject no end, but having a helping hand/guiding eye wouldn't go amiss. Particularly keen to get my hands on Budgies dead one (excuse me?) so that I can practice my gill raker avoidance technique.

There'll be several of us around if you need a hand - strike early and avoid the difficult stuff!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

As a member of KLAA, I will almost certainly be fishing the Middle Level that weekend. Now, I've never been interested in predator fishing, but I wouldn't mind dropping by to see what all the fuss is about, so if you could send me details of where you will be, I'll try and pop up!

By the way we have an excellent website

www.klaa.co.uk

Look in the news section under weekly news from around next Thursday for all the latest catches. Good for maps and general information, too. And several of the pictures in the gallery section are my pathetic efforts!!

As a member of KLAA, I will almost certainly be fishing the Middle Level that weekend. Now, I've never been interested in predator fishing, but I wouldn't mind dropping by to see what all the fuss is about, so if you could send me details of where you will be, I'll try and pop up!

By the way we have an excellent website

www.klaa.co.uk

Look in the news section under weekly news from around next Thursday for all the latest catches. Good for maps and general information, too. And several of the pictures in the gallery section are my pathetic efforts!!

Good stuff, I'll put you on the list and send you the info :)