Pike and zander fish-in

Anderoo

Very helpful Anderoo.

My current plan (until my new improved plan becomes active :rolleyes: ), largely tailored to my existing equipment is:

Rod B: Smaller zander; light float or leger set up close in to near bank, 1.5lb TC rod, 12lbs line, 15lbs Soft Strand, standard 4000 reel (rated to 12lbs line), bobbin if legering.

Rod C: Float or quivertip rod, daytime use for bait.

Might use that setup myself but I also treated myself to a new Wychwood 1.75tc with twin quivertip yesterday so I may opt for a heavier rod. Anderoo said it was fairly deep though, so whether I can use a stop knot float rig, I'll entrust the help and advice of you experts on the day :D

Edited by Norfolk Rob

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, if possible I'd too would like to attend your Fish-in, I've never caught a Zander before and would love to get my mits on one :)

Excellent, I'll add you to the list :)

Any more takers?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Anyone heard from Brian Carragher?

Back on line again after four mother boards in the PC , so just picking things up again (works server won't let me in ) and am trying to arrane dates off and travelling companions, will confirm one way or another as soon as I can speak to them and arrange things

Thanks

Bri

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick head's up - if anyone else wants to come along to either the fish-in or the pike teach-in, or both, please say so by the end of this coming weekend (22 Feb), so that I can send out all the relevant info in time for everyone. I'll only be PMing those who are definites, so if your name has TBC next to it, you'll need to confirm that you're coming.

:thumbs:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

And can I add to that anyone wanting to borrow gear please let me know ASAP.Looks like Im not going to be well enough to risk doing the nights for Zeds but I will still be down on both days for those that want some help/instruction.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Shame you won't be zedding Budgie, hopefully you'll pick up a decent pike or two.

Up until yesterday the forecast was not great, cold with northerly winds, so I popped into my local tackle shop on the way home and picked up a nice warm water- and wind-proof one-piece suit (on offer at £28, result!). Just like pouring a coffee when waiting for a bite, I check again today and it's now saying nice and mild with light westerlies!

You're welcome :)

And can I add to that anyone wanting to borrow gear please let me know ASAP.Looks like Im not going to be well enough to risk doing the nights for Zeds but I will still be down on both days for those that want some help/instruction.

Sorry to hear you're not A1 but are glad you're still able to make it.

As for gear, I was thinking you were gonna set it all up for me - All I had to do was crank the handle :P

Just joshing, but really looking forward to having the opportunity to chat with some of the forum regulars, whilst picking up some tips you show me how to do it.

Offer still stands for anyone wanting a lift en route of the A47, Saturday morning there and home again the same day if you wish.

Rob

A reminder of who's definite and who's TBC:

--------------------------------------------------

Fish-in definites

Me + 1

Budgie

Angly

Alex

Andrew Burgess

Longshank +1

Fenman

Fish-in TBC

Lyn (TBC)

Brian Carragher (TBC)

Geno Coates (TBC)

Bob Watson (TBC)

Richard Capper (TBC)

Si (TBC)

Ginger (TBC)

Pike teach-in definites

Yorkio

Anderoo

Norfolk Rob

Longshank

Angly

Pike teach-in TBC

n/a

--------------------------------------------------

I'll be sending out all the relevant info (directions, etc.) this weekend to definites only, so if anything here is incorrect please let me know asap :thumbs:

Also, as I mentioned before, when you arrive please give your neighbours plenty of space. The further spread out we are, the better! If anyone needs to be close to the parking spot, please say so and those of us able to walk a bit can leave the closest swims for you.

Perhaps we should try to arrange a time on Sunday to meet up before we all leave so we can catch up? Shame Lyn probably won't be there with the chuck wagon!

Edited by Anderoo