actual fishing!

Happy Dude

i'm off to catch proper fish on poppers in 7 weeks, i'm away to kenya again and i've stocked up on a couple of surface lures to try the shore mark i fished last year when tony was almost spooled by something we still have no idea what it was, though my dough would be a trevally of some sort.

i'm also going to try for dolphin (the fish) on a spinning rod and poppers from the boat, when you hook one on normal gear his mates usually come for a look, so i can sight cast lures to them, should be interesting B)

so if i get a couple of those, wee bass in luce bay will seem a bit tame, but hey.......

BTW, if you are training for a common skate better do plenty hyperextensions for your lumbar region incase davy has you getting a big girl on one of his "lochaline torture sticks" :P:yeah:

Want any lures tying up for your Kenya trip HD???

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Want any lures tying up for your Kenya trip HD???

i don't know what kind of fluffy things i would need john....

any suggestions??

last time i was there the only thing we could get baitfish on was a tiny black muppet about 1.5" long on a 1/0 hook,

there was millions of small tuna all round the boat but this is all they would hit....strange

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Jan 14 2007, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:clap2: I missed the date and now all the beds are booked but I suppose if I drove up I could sleep in the car as I've got an estate, although time wise I'd rather fly and scrounge a lift to and from the airport off you, but then where do I sleep if I don't have the car? It's all too complicated. I could do with one of those big flat things to test my Accurate 12 twin speed on. :clap2:

hi norm , pm ian burret he has the big house at ardtornish booked for a month he might have a spare bed!

snatcher , if i come up that weekend i,ll keep you company on the fishin front :clap2: , an show you a couple of the "dark side " marks :thumbs:

last time i was there the only thing we could get baitfish on was a tiny black muppet about 1.5" long on a 1/0 hook,

there was millions of small tuna all round the boat but this is all they would hit....strange

In Kona this summer the lures we used for catching skipjack for bait were even smaller, just a skirt fixed onto a size 1 shortshank hook 'the wrong way round' so the 'tentacles' were facing up the line. We too saw loads of tuna on the surface, but they were being finicky and we only got 1.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Sounds like a plan Guy. Will take a beachcaster if it will fit in Norries car ok. Oh silly me he is taking the boat as well!!!!

HD will try and make enquiries on the lure front for you :thumbs:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Sounds like a plan Guy. Will take a beachcaster if it will fit in Norries car ok. Oh silly me he is taking the boat as well!!!!

HD will try and make enquiries on the lure front for you :thumbs:

cheers john,

big strong hooks required mind :thumbs:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

Pics of wildlife ??? what d'you want...Deer, Otters, White tails, Goldens, porpoises, dolphins, ??. I just hope Davy will have been feeding them, and they perform as requested..... :rolleyes::rolleyes: They usually do, including Sammy, the tame seagull !!!! :D:D:D

Wildlife and Scenery in abundance John although please do not call Bob the Seagull "Sammy" as suggested by Norrie he has become quite attached to his name and changing it at this late stage would only increase his Schizophrenia even more. :rolleyes:

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Hey snatch did you or I invite this mob up at Easter, as far as I can remember you and me were arranging this weekend and Davy was only invited cos I need someone to lift the anchor. I dont remember any of you lot bribing me :wub:

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Hey snatch did you or I invite this mob up at Easter, as far as I can remember you and me were arranging this weekend and Davy was only invited cos I need someone to lift the anchor. I dont remember any of you lot bribing me :wub:

Bribe you Lindy????

I seem to recall inviting myself up, for both Easter and October!! You really should pay more attention when we`re getting oiled in the hotel!! :slap:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Wildlife and Scenery in abundance John although please do not call Bob the Seagull "Sammy" as suggested by Norrie he has become quite attached to his name and changing it at this late stage would only increase his Schizophrenia even more. :rolleyes:

Linda, When did he start being called BOB !!!! was it done by Deed Poll ???? I think Bob is due a 10mm BB on the bonce next time I'm up, I've just found a couple of hundred in the hut.........:) Tho, it'll probobly take that many to hit it !!!!! :yeah: :yeah:

"Hey snatch did you or I invite this mob up at Easter,"

It all started with Davy phoning people inviting them up !!!!!! :P :P :P

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/