LA Easter weekend

Question Guy,are we shore fishing in LA itself? I will be in Norries motor so I cannot drive us anywhere. Was talking to a couple of lads on the Clash in the summer and he said he hooked"something" off the LA pier and had it on a couple of hours and could do nothing with it :headhurt: Looks like it may be an entertaining shore session then :thumbs:

Are you sure I just need my spinning gear Guy?

John, Was it Shaun you were talking to ??, cos he had a Common on, while fishing off the Pier, it was on for about 4 hours.....LOL...we all ran up from the pub, to take pics, and generally harang the lad !!!!! :D :D Then left him to it, and went back to the pub !!!! ;)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya,

Well we went out for a 4 hr session in the loch as the Sound was a tad lumpy, bait was old sandeels and squid.

We decided to use the heavy gear (spinning rods) and a basic running ledger, Nick was first off the mark with a Doggie and i added one soon after. As we were getting small stuff hitting the baits I put down a set of baited sabikies right away I had a hit and a fish was on.. a Mackerel.. in January and just to prove it wasnt a fluke I got one on the next drop also smile.gif

So total catch was 6 species, Nick had 7 LSD and 2 small Cod and I had 7 LSD, 2 Mackerel, 5 Poor Cod, 1 Grey Gurnard, 1 Cod and a Whiting

Not bad for a play about smile.gifsmile.gif

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

John, Was it Shaun you were talking to ??, cos he had a Common on, while fishing off the Pier, it was on for about 4 hours.....LOL...we all ran up from the pub, to take pics, and generally harang the lad !!!!! :D :D Then left him to it, and went back to the pub !!!! ;)

I think it was Norrie :blink:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Question Guy,are we shore fishing in LA itself? I will be in Norries motor so I cannot drive us anywhere. Was talking to a couple of lads on the Clash in the summer and he said he hooked"something" off the LA pier and had it on a couple of hours and could do nothing with it :headhurt: Looks like it may be an entertaining shore session then :thumbs:

Are you sure I just need my spinning gear Guy?

aye john i,ll bring you up a beachcaster with the heavy gear for a wee session off the pier if the tides are right , but there is another couple of marks , i,ll have transport with me , well untill the pub comes calling anyway :thumbs:

nice wee session there davy, better catchin somethin rather than havin to lay a carpet ,then fixin a washing machine

Edited by theguyfulla
Hiya,

Well we went out for a 4 hr session in the loch as the Sound was a tad lumpy, bait was old sandeels and squid.

We decided to use the heavy gear (spinning rods) and a basic running ledger, Nick was first off the mark with a Doggie and i added one soon after. As we were getting small stuff hitting the baits I put down a set of baited sabikies right away I had a hit and a fish was on.. a Mackerel.. in January and just to prove it wasnt a fluke I got one on the next drop also smile.gif

So total catch was 6 species, Nick had 7 LSD and 2 small Cod and I had 7 LSD, 2 Mackerel, 5 Poor Cod, 1 Grey Gurnard, 1 Cod and a Whiting

Not bad for a play about smile.gifsmile.gif

oh well davy,

nothing there i won't get at some point this year :spiteful::boxing:

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

oh well davy,

nothing there i won't get at some point this year :spiteful::boxing:

Ahhh but I already have them now :boxing:

.. so more time to look for other species :spiteful:

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

After seeing all the ner`do wells and ragamuffins, that are threatening to wreck the weekend. I think I`ll go elsewhere. I may give Jesus a bell, see if he needs a hand dragging his cross around the loch this year. :thumbs:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!