FTAO Snatcher....

Norrie

G'Day troops and troopesses. Myself and Ticketty Junior will be leaving Glasgow Friday morning and towing the new Warrior 165 up. We'll be camping and am looking forward to meeting up with those I don't already know. I'm going to bring a BBQ set up with me - and a supply of Guinness (more importantly!). The good news is that I should be able to come across some batteries for those that require one - the bad news is that it won't be in time for next weekend unfortunately, so I'll be taking orders. I can read AnglersNet at work, but can't post for some reason - firewalls and all that magumba.

I had hoped to be sailing today on Loch Lomond for a trial run, but there's still a bit of wiring to do to my new baby, so I'm going to get all that done first.

There are only two of us on the Warrior, so I don't want to see anyone stuck on the pier?

How many boats are we talking about in total for the weekend?

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G'Day troops and troopesses. Myself and Ticketty Junior will be leaving Glasgow Friday morning and towing the new Warrior 165 up. We'll be camping and am looking forward to meeting up with those I don't already know. I'm going to bring a BBQ set up with me - and a supply of Guinness (more importantly!). The good news is that I should be able to come across some batteries for those that require one - the bad news is that it won't be in time for next weekend unfortunately, so I'll be taking orders. I can read AnglersNet at work, but can't post for some reason - firewalls and all that magumba.

I had hoped to be sailing today on Loch Lomond for a trial run, but there's still a bit of wiring to do to my new baby, so I'm going to get all that done first.

There are only two of us on the Warrior, so I don't want to see anyone stuck on the pier?

How many boats are we talking about in total for the weekend?

There's gonna be that many boats launching on Saturday, they'll have to close the road and cancel the ferry :clap2:

Bring yer cameras everyone...this one's gonna be bigger than last year :thumbs:

post-4300-1175337897_thumb.jpg

Edited by jabee

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Davy called me earlier from Etive - 4 thornies and a fish per cast. Doggies, spurs and keeper whiting too.

90% of wiring done (problems with GPS), but going for launch this avvy.

just spoke to him about an hour ago he,s up to 13 thornies now , an lost count of the rest thats come on board !! :clap2::clap2::thumbs: , that could make sombody change their mind about the venue for next week !!!...........not :thumbs:

Edited by theguyfulla

The good ship Ticketty Boo! II had her maiden voyage today and coped admirably with Loch Lomond. She's porpoising a lot when I open her up and try to trim the engine. Someone suggested trim tabs? But why have to fit them to a brand new boat? I've started a thread on WSF about it if anyone can assist?

Only have 1 other problem and that's power to the GPS. Neither will be showstoppers for next week so we are go go go. BMac joining me aboard for Saturday only.

Ticketty Junior has the job of cleaning the BBQ. Yuch!

Are there many Guinness quaffeurs amongst the happy throng?

Just had a phone call from somewhere in the North Sea. A very irrate small person saying the internet has been down for 4 days know and he needs his AN LA fix :D. But seriously Lenny is losing the plot, say's sorry if anyone has tried to contact him but not his fault and his biggest concern was that Snatcher got his order for the lures. Hope the internet is restored soon or he will be swimming back to LA with insanity :help::marinheiro:

Neal

The Skink

#21 I think lol

I'm a hardcore Fisherman, I just wish I was a hardcore catcher Too

ray.jpg

well ticketty,

last year they were calling me and ian burrett the guiness brothers due to our fondness for the stuff, and ian thought he could drink more of the stuff than me :rolleyes::lol:

hope you are getting plenty practice this week ian if you are looking in??

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

well ticketty,

last year they were calling me and ian burrett the guiness brothers due to our fondness for the stuff, and ian thought he could drink more of the stuff than me :rolleyes::lol:

he,s certainly gettin plenty practise in ,he texted me at 1.30am the other morning pi*hed again! :thumbs:

its amazing how quickly this thread reverts back to a drinkin thread after a couple of posts about fishin :drunk::drunk:

got a text from davy earlier , him norrie an peter had a crackin session today with about 50 fish apiece mixed bag, with spurs , thornies an whitting making up the bulk!! :clap::clap:

he,s certainly gettin plenty practise in ,he texted me at 1.30am the other morning pi*hed again! :thumbs:

its amazing how quickly this thread reverts back to a drinkin thread after a couple of posts about fishin :drunk::drunk:

got a text from davy earlier , him norrie an peter had a crackin session today with about 50 fish apiece mixed bag, with spurs , thornies an whitting making up the bulk!! :clap::clap:

It`s just as well we`re all going to LA then. Not too many fish getting in the way of the craic. :oops:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

The good ship Ticketty Boo! II had her maiden voyage today and coped admirably with Loch Lomond. She's porpoising a lot when I open her up and try to trim the engine. Someone suggested trim tabs? But why have to fit them to a brand new boat? I've started a thread on WSF about it if anyone can assist?

Only have 1 other problem and that's power to the GPS. Neither will be showstoppers for next week so we are go go go. BMac joining me aboard for Saturday only.

Ticketty Junior has the job of cleaning the BBQ. Yuch!

Hi Tickety

The angle of the warrior transom is too small so with some engines its hard to get it to trim in enough. Warrior sell a wedge which fits in between the engine and transom which helps

well ticketty,

I told you on the phone Les. I am now tea total. Well nearly.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk