Request that SACN withdraws from the negotiation table wrt RSA Strategy

glennk

what I know for an absolute fact is if we don't remain involved we will get totally shafted.

If we remain involved there is a chance of something good coming out of it.

Clem thanks for that useful contribution :D

Edited by nick

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick without defra's help my personal angling experiance gets better year on year. It is only because i put a lot of effort in that makes it so, i really don't want defra to interfere with it but as we all know some of us will have to keep their pension funds going. That is what i think personally and it would take quite a lot to change it.

Yes ditto to the above we all have our moans but thats life we adapt to the changes in fishing like life has since year dot

what I know for an absolute fact is if we don't remain involved we will get totally shafted.

If we remain involved there is a chance of something good coming out of it.

I totally agree with the first sentence but not the second.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

But come on folks don't you all want to see:

Once upon a time,....... <big snip>,......... and they all lived happily ever after.

I certainly do :D

Nick, I get the feeling you actually believe this stuff? If DEFRA were writing a strategy for RSA having just increased the bass MLS to 45cm, I might believe some of it too. But they didn't. They ignored the scientific advice and the majority of responses to the consultation and made it 40cm, which will do nothing to enhance the "angling experience".

On top of that, they've decided they can't wait for the marine bill and are attempting to get bag limits for anglers in through the back door ASAP, using local bye laws, and for no good reason and nothing in return. That's how much they want to enhance your "angling experience".

RSA reps have always said, (or at least they tell us they've always said), that they will only accept bag limits in return for measures that will benefit RSA, like inshore netting restrictions, etc. DEFRA haven't taken a blind bit of notice. What makes you think they will take any notice of anything we say when it comes to the consultation on the strategy? Please give me an answer to that question, or if you can't, ask Leon Roskilly to give you one. (answer that is!!!)

I asked this question via email the other night, I'll ask it again for the benefit of those who didn't get to see it or answer it. If you are about to get shafted, do you try to make the experience as painless as possible by accepting the inevitable and applying the vaseline yourself, and make it easier for the person shafting you? Or do you realise what's about to happen and get out of there as quickly as possible?

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I certainly do :D

Nick, I get the feeling you actually believe this stuff? If DEFRA were writing a strategy for RSA having just increased the bass MLS to 45cm, I might believe some of it too. But they didn't. They ignored the scientific advice and the majority of responses to the consultation and made it 40cm, which will do nothing to enhance the "angling experience".

On top of that, they've decided they can't wait for the marine bill and are attempting to get bag limits for anglers in through the back door ASAP, using local bye laws, and for no good reason and nothing in return. That's how much they want to enhance your "angling experience".

RSA reps have always said, (or at least they tell us they've always said), that they will only accept bag limits in return for measures that will benefit RSA, like inshore netting restrictions, etc. DEFRA haven't taken a blind bit of notice. What makes you think they will take any notice of anything we say when it comes to the consultation on the strategy? Please give me an answer to that question, or if you can't, ask Leon Roskilly to give you one. (answer that is!!!)

I asked this question via email the other night, I'll ask it again for the benefit of those who didn't get to see it or answer it. If you are about to get shafted, do you try to make the experience as painless as possible by accepting the inevitable and applying the vaseline yourself, to make it easier for the person shafting you? Or do you realise what's about to happen and get out of there as quickly as possible?

Sorry to butt in Steve, wag did not accept any increase, that has been quietly forgotten. Bag limits, this thankfully has been shelved for now apart from the sw looking at the 'mechanics' of setting up the bylaw.

As for the vaseline, Wurzel tried to intimate i was up to something with bradshaw the other day. cheers.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge

This is just priceless reading. People trying to distance themselves from reality, in case it turns out to be what they wanted all along.

Throwing stones from your little loch in Scotland and then hiding under your “I am or right jack” umbrella is so farcical it could only come from my old pal Ian.

If I was you I would start listening to wurzel a bit more seriously in future. His experience within the circles of DEFRAs bureaucratic mad house could become priceless to RSA in the not to distant future.

This is just priceless reading. People trying to distance themselves from reality, in case it turns out to be what they wanted all along.

Throwing stones from your little loch in Scotland and then hiding under your “I am or right jack” umbrella is so farcical it could only come from my old pal Ian.

If I was you I would start listening to wurzel a bit more seriously in future. His experience within the circles of DEFRAs bureaucratic mad house could become priceless to RSA in the not to distant future.

Hi Challange, i'm from the south coast, please tell me what you are talking about.Is it a riddle?

I'm a member of SACN and a very inactive member of the exec

and have been since the very early days.

could I just ask if you are a member too?

As to what brings me here, I've been here for years. I just hate to see ignorance compounded, so I thought I would attempt some education regarding political processes.

Please stick to the topic in hand. Si...

In answer to your question, I am a member of the SACN. As such I will be responding to Mr Kilpatrick's proposal that the Network withdraws from further Strategy negotiations, before the March 1st deadline. I will also consider putting forward a motion myself, that you be removed from your position on the Executive Group.

Edited by Si...

what a shame you cannot just stick to discussing the point at hand.

It is good to see that you are a member of SACN - the more the merrier.

Feel free to propose that I am removed from the exec - would you care to elaborate on the reasons why?

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?