Request that SACN withdraws from the negotiation table wrt RSA Strategy

glennk

Even a simple thing like 'How many people does SACN include in it's 'lines of membership'?

Just to get into politician mode, that would depend on many factors.

Do you mean how many individual members of SACN, or how many individual members of SACN and members of affiliated organisations?

If the latter do people count twice or more times if they happen to be members of more than one affiliate?

When do you want the head count done?

It's quite difficult to be precise :D

How many individual members does SACN have? Surely that's not a shade of grey!

That is a question that would appear to be capable of an answer, hopefully Leon will wander along and answer at some point...

But even then what will the figure actually mean?

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seams like a reesonable enough question to me

Having spent some of my time that I could have spent better on other things,

Although it changes daily with new members joining :), the odd one resigning (and dying :( )

Out of 507 'lines of membership' that are current.

20 are clubs, 10 are organisations, 3 are regional rsa federations.

If anyone wants more information, they can send in a donation (also reasonable) :)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

That's not very many Leon considering you have the ear of a whole government department and its minister who think you represent the countries anglers. I notice you said someone resigned. That's a shame as like 17 people have said to me by email - you have to be in it to influence it.

I'm sorry you had to spend some of your time working that out, but don't feel too bad in knowing that to count to 507 shouldn't have taken up too much time - hopefully you have a little time now for those important things - Like telling DEFRA to bugger off. If you put your membership in a datbase or spreadsheet you could get the answer at the push of a button you know (amazing technology these days). Be careful not to fall foul of the data protection act though.

Have you read about last nights meeting in Scarborough ? Apparently it was another farce.

see:

http://yalasa.proboards107.com/index.cgi?b...read=1172502992

Edited by glennk

I notice you said someone resigned. That's a shame as like 17 people have said to me by email - you have to be in it to influence it.

When you have cancer and a heart problem Glenn, the concerns of RSA must seem trivial.

Hi Leon,

I am sorry to say this but would you take me off the SACN mailing list please. It is nothing personal but just due to my ill health I just don't have the time, on top of the Cancer they discovered that I have a small heart problem

And another good friend resigned due to ill health and marriage problems.

Just one person has resigned because of a fundamental difference of opinion, somebody I greatly respect for that, and would still like to count as a friend.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Even a simple thing like 'How many people does SACN include in it's 'lines of membership'?

How many individual members does SACN have? Surely that's not a shade of grey!

Hi Jim Roper

Its just downright SHADYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY lol lol

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

steve

Have you read about last nights meeting in Scarborough ? Apparently it was another farce.

see:

http://yalasa.proboards107.com/index.cgi?b...read=1172502992

Shame you couldn't make it Glenn, it would have been a real opportunity to put the record straight with DEFRA.

I wont be at the meeting as unfortunately I have a real important appointment (a club match).

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/in...opic,275.0.html

(How did the match go? Did you do any good? )

Hopefully the anglers of the NE will have turned out to make the most of this opportunity to make their concerns known, as they did at the meeting in the SW.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member