Request that SACN withdraws from the negotiation table wrt RSA Strategy

glennk

True to form, as soon as the logical argument/debate collapses, lets resort to personal attacks.

Then you wonder why you have the same seven or eight people posting on Conservation and Politics all the time. :rolleyes:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True to form, as soon as the logical argument/debate collapses, lets resort to personal attacks.

Then you wonder why you have the same seven or eight people posting on Conservation and Politics all the time. :rolleyes:

Well thats politics.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hi Nick,

Mr Bradshaw as you know is minster for DEFRA, however he is also minster for the enviroment, this means he has to chose certain policies for implementation in order of priortity. Now what order has he chosen, my veiw is the GREENS first RSA second and COMMERCIALS last,. The trouble is nobody other than DEFRA know what the game plan is or the rules which apply.

Lets face it the increase in MLS for bass was a waste of time, the consultation had a predetermined out come, and no doubt all other consultations will be the same.

If for arguements sake we assume that DEFRA's intended plan is to appease the GREENS regardless of the affect to RSA and COMMERCIALS then to continue with all the consultations would only help DEFRA to implement its predetermined plan, with the help of all stakeholders

The big question is what is DEFRA's game plan and do we all play.

steve

Hi Steve

Lets face it the increase in MLS for bass was a waste of time, the consultation had a predetermined out come, and no doubt all other consultations will be the same.

Unless I misunderstand you point you are saying that the representations made by the RSA bodies had no impact on the decision?

Do you honestly believe that there would have been an increase in bass MLS if the RSA bodies had not been involved?

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Hi Steve

Unless I misunderstand you point you are saying that the representations made by the RSA bodies had no impact on the decision?

Do you honestly believe that there would have been an increase in bass MLS if the RSA bodies had not been involved?

Hi Nick

The outcome to that consultation process had a PREDETERMINED outcome

steve

Hi Steve

Hi Nick

QUOTE/ representations made by the RSA bodies had no impact on the decision

The RSA bodies forced the Minster into a decision that was meaningless and one that might well be detrimental to the bass stocks..

steve

Hi Nick

The outcome to that consultation process had a PREDETERMINED outcome

The RSA bodies forced the Minster into a decision that was meaningless and one that might well be detrimental to the bass stocks.
steve

I ask the direct question again.

If there had been no input from the RSA sector do you believe the outcome of the consultation process would have been exactly the same?

From your two responses the only conclusion I can draw is that you do believe that the RSA representations had an impact. Therefore I can only conclude that by remaining "at the negotiating table" we may have an influence on the results.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Hi all

I have kept out of this argument until now because i did not genuinely know if i should respond to glens appeal in favour of withdrawal or not?

I guess if i lived where glen is in the n/e then i would probably feel the same as he does and agree but the fact is i dont i am what he refers to as a "bread floater" why? well its pretty obvious realy the few mullet that we have left here are the only chances that we have of catching a half decent sized fish what so ever left off the shore, forget large bass and cod there is none nowadays where i am (there used to be), the only chance to save what is left is for some drastic close inshore netting bans simple as that.

Now my thoughts on the strategy!! if the rsa reps are not atleast 75% confident of getting the golden mile or something very similar accepted in to it for consultation? then i see no point in continuing dialogue what so ever and i would support glens request to withdraw from the talks, i am not against bag limits and licenses in my area, but if they came with no real changes to inshore netting practicesie, bans!! then i would have to finally jack inn rsa as a hobby and i am sure i would not be the only one to do so, cheers................

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

steve

I ask the direct question again.

If there had been no input from the RSA sector do you believe the outcome of the consultation process would have been exactly the same?

From your two responses the only conclusion I can draw is that you do believe that the RSA representations had an impact. Therefore I can only conclude that by remaining "at the negotiating table" we may have an influence on the results.

Hi Nick

YES RSA representations had an impact a completely meaningless one.

The impact RSA reps have had may very well undermine the bass stocks to the point of collapse.

Yes you may influence the results for better or for worst remains to be seen

steve