Request that SACN withdraws from the negotiation table wrt RSA Strategy

glennk

Hi Stavey,

If your in sacn and you wish to comment then you need to do so by email to Leon. The closing date for your response is midnight.

To date there are 18 individual responses to my motion. Yours would make 19. I am assuming that SACN has a membership greater than 19 but noone will tell me what the figure is. If there are more than 19 members do I assume the rest haven't a clue what the rsa strategy is ?

Edited by glennk

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

I have kept out of this argument until now because i did not genuinely know if i should respond to glens appeal in favour of withdrawal or not?

I guess if i lived where glen is in the n/e then i would probably feel the same as he does and agree but the fact is i dont i am what he refers to as a "bread floater" why? well its pretty obvious realy the few mullet that we have left here are the only chances that we have of catching a half decent sized fish what so ever left off the shore, forget large bass and cod there is none nowadays where i am (there used to be), the only chance to save what is left is for some drastic close inshore netting bans simple as that.

Now my thoughts on the strategy!! if the rsa reps are not atleast 75% confident of getting the golden mile or something very similar accepted in to it for consultation? then i see no point in continuing dialogue what so ever and i would support glens request to withdraw from the talks, i am not against bag limits and licenses in my area, but if they came with no real changes to inshore netting practicesie, bans!! then i would have to finally jack inn rsa as a hobby and i am sure i would not be the only one to do so, cheers................

Hi stavey

To hear you talk all the blame is on the inshore commercial fleet and yet do you not think that 400,000 targeted bass and cod anglers most of which fish either within a mile of the beach or on the beach itself, have not depleted the inshore grounds by weight of numbers. plus the other 1.6 million other anglers that fish for whatever comes along

Oh sorry I forgot anglers are above being included in conservation measures, even when you have all collectivly added to the situation

steve

Hi stavey

To hear you talk all the blame is on the inshore commercial fleet and yet do you not think that 400,000 targeted bass and cod anglers most of which fish either within a mile of the beach or on the beach itself, have not depleted the inshore grounds by weight of numbers. plus the other 1.6 million other anglers that fish for whatever comes along

Oh sorry I forgot anglers are above being included in conservation measures, even when you have all collectivly added to the situation

steve

Steve,

you may well have a point there, but out of cutriosity just how many miles of gill nets are set in the same waters around the UK ??

I think you will find the Commercial fishing effort given to this bit of water far out weighs the pressure that is put on it by anglers. You also fail to take into concideration that the majority of fish caught by anglers are release alive unlike those caught by the commercials.

Also the catching ability of the net is far far greater than that of the anglers, having gill netted for a few years a long time ago I know fine well the numbers of fish a correctly set net can take in a very short time.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Hi stavey

steve

Hi steve

If you had read what i said properly? you would have seen that i said i am not against bag limits for anglers, in the right places for the right species it can be a good measure for all, i happen to think that there has been some damage done to certain stocks by anglers in places in my neck of the woods in years past, but like davy said i dont think anglers come close to what the effects the commercial industry may have caused on the depletion of stocks overall, cheers........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Steve,

you may well have a point there, but out of cutriosity just how many miles of gill nets are set in the same waters around the UK ??

I think you will find the Commercial fishing effort given to this bit of water far out weighs the pressure that is put on it by anglers. You also fail to take into concideration that the majority of fish caught by anglers are release alive unlike those caught by the commercials.

Also the catching ability of the net is far far greater than that of the anglers, having gill netted for a few years a long time ago I know fine well the numbers of fish a correctly set net can take in a very short time.

Hi Davy Holt

On my strech of coast line Hampshire/Sussex over the last 5 to 7 years gill netting has only been minmimial due to the explosion in spider crab stocks.

Most of the net buffs you see are marking whelk pots.

In my area very few anglers practice catch and release.

The local anglers bring back loads of large bass, pollock, skate, smothounds, conger ect, ect

The local chartfleet do practice catch and release regarding tope

Anglers do collectively take loads of fish home which is there right and choice however it is wrong of you to go around telling everybody that all anglers release their catch when in fact they dont, thats what your post infers

steve

Hi steve

If you had read what i said properly? you would have seen that i said i am not against bag limits for anglers, in the right places for the right species it can be a good measure for all, i happen to think that there has been some damage done to certain stocks by anglers in places in my neck of the woods in years past, but like davy said i dont think anglers come close to what the effects the commercial industry may have caused on the depletion of stocks overall, cheers........

As i'm thick i can't get me head around the maths. Can someone work out how many bass were in the trawl the other week in guernsey if the average size of the fish was 40mm.

Total size of the trawl in two hours was twenty eight tons, rough estimate will be fine cheers.

Hi steve, your post were you say the locals take home conger, skate, i am a bit surprised at that, good luck to them if they want to skin the skate at home, i tried it once and it convinced me it would be better to put it back. What would anyone want conger for. Over the years i have taken a few small one's home to do fish cakes, but the amount of seasoning and the bones make it hard work for the benifit. The majority of anglers in the channel i know put these back. Cheers.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

If there had been no input from the RSA sector do you believe the outcome of the consultation process would have been exactly the same?

Look at it another way. Did input from the RSA sector achieve any real benefit to RSA, or bass stocks? A 40 cm bass is no more exciting to catch than a 36cm one, and at 40cm it still hasn't spawned, so the answer has to be no.

The impact RSA reps have had may very well undermine the bass stocks to the point of collapse.

Got to disagree there Steve. The only thing likely to make the bass stocks collapse is commercial fishing.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Hi Davy Holt

On my strech of coast line Hampshire/Sussex over the last 5 to 7 years gill netting has only been minmimial due to the explosion in spider crab stocks.

Most of the net buffs you see are marking whelk pots.

In my area very few anglers practice catch and release.

The local anglers bring back loads of large bass, pollock, skate, smothounds, conger ect, ect

The local chartfleet do practice catch and release regarding tope

Anglers do collectively take loads of fish home which is there right and choice however it is wrong of you to go around telling everybody that all anglers release their catch when in fact they dont, thats what your post infers

steve

Hi steve

I am in your area and i certainly do put everything back matey, why the f**k would an angler take a mullet home to eat beats me? they taste like "****" which i have seen mullet happily feeding on, thats why they aint worth jack to you, cheers..............

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

I am in your area and i certainly do put everything back matey, why the f**k would an angler take a mullet home to eat beats me? they taste like "****" which i have seen mullet happily feeding on, thats why they aint worth jack to you, cheers..............

They're worth more per kilo than milk!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net